I'll post for real tomorrow
I get Parenting magazine. Usually, it's pretty good. I like to look at the clothes and toys that they sometimes have in there. I usually skip the articles about how to lose the post-partum weight because really....who cares? Not me, that's for sure. Anyway. There's this section called "Mom Debate" where a question is posed and then people email their responses on that topic. This month's topic was about whether single people should be allowed to adopt. I personally don't really care one way or the other. I know that I would not be a successful mom if I was single and adopting. Only 19% of the respondents thought that single people shouldn't be allowed to adopt. But I took offense to one woman's response. She states,"Why would you want to start a child out with one less person caring for him? An adopted child already feels subconciously cheated and rejected--why add to that?" That seems awfully ignorant to me. I guess Maggie must feel REALLY rejected since she goes to daycare every day.
Pictures and other stuff tomorrow. I've been having a little bit of trouble lately and am having to make some decisions about what I need to do next.
No comments:
Post a Comment