On the mend
Valentines, schmalentines.
Maggie was not even awake when I left for work this morning! Sleepyhead! I bought a vaporizer for her room on Sunday and that is the most magical appliance in the world. She sleeps all the way through the night and does not make one peep until the morning! I love it even though it makes her room feel slightly like a rainforest.
David trucked her off to the doctor with my 2 page list of concerns, questions and what we have been trying with Maggie. Admittedly, it was 2 pages on a notepad, not posterboard or something. Maggie does not have hand-foot-and-mouth, thank GOD. I am so relieved. She also does not have ringworm. She does have an ear infection and is now on the same antibiotic as me. She also has some patches of eczema on her leg and her hiney. The doctor gave her some cream to put on that. There was an intern who was shadowing our regular doctor and David said that he was so impressed with Maggie because she did not make a sound during most of the exam. The doctor said that Maggie looked amazing and that we were doing a great job taking care of her. He was also pleased that her head is rounding out in the back.
Now, for some stats:
Weight: 18 pounds, 13 ounces (Check out Emma the Bruiser's stats on her blog. Maggie is now scared to go see her this spring).
Length: 30 inches
Head circumference: 17.3 inches
She is progressing on the growth charts and the doctor thought everything looked good. Yay! So, Miss Margaret will be returning to school tomorrow.
Tonight, we went to El Vallarta for our family Valentine's dinner. It was packed but we got a table pretty quickly. Maggie REALLY liked the extremely loud mariachi music they were blaring over the sound system. She rocked back and forth and also enjoyed some queso. She ate most of a beef enchilada, Mexican rice and some refried beans, plus some fruit. I could not believe how much she ate. Maggie gave me some pretty tulips for V Day and David gave me Carly Simon's greatest hits. I know what I'm listening to on the way to work tomorrow!!!!!! Maggie and I gave David season 4 of "Star Trek: TNG." (ugh)
Track=boring. I wish Mommy would hurry up and come get me.
What? You didn't get me a Valentine's present? Mean parents.
4 comments:
That first picture is like Nick Nolte's DUI mugshot.
I DIED over the thought of David hauling two pages of posterboard into the dr's office.
Maggie's head may be larger than mine.
Maggie, Don't worry I am a gentile giant! I can't wait to see you in the spring. I am glad you are on the mend. Stay well.
Love you,
Emma
I am glad the benevolent dictator of Barbee Farms is well, the cows were loosing direction without the leadership provided by the Maggie... I hope you guys are feeling well, I am so happy I have this blog to keep up with her and her parents... I feel like I won't miss out quite as much, I know I will miss her little laugh and that part sucks. Be well kids, see you soon!
Goodness, Maggie may be scared of Kylie too ~ at the medical exam in Guangzhou she was right at 22 pounds (at 11 months!). We're working on getting on the right time zone, hope to meet you guys soon!
Kristi
Post a Comment