Diagnosis:
Double ear infection and an upper respiratory infection. Ugh. After a week of Maggie not being her usual sweet self, David and I finally decided to take her to the doctor. Wait. Let me back up. Maggie had a fever on Monday at school but by the time they called, we were both already out of school so we didn't have to miss any time to get her. Our 6 month post placement visit was on Tuesday. It was no big deal but Maggie acted like a total pill the entire time. I had to wake her up so I could change her clothes and hopefully, she would be "on" when the social worker arrived. She was not into that proposal. She cried for about 20 minutes after I woke her up but by the end of the visit, she was playing on the floor, sort of. Then David left to go to a track meet so I decided to walk down to the playground at the foot of our street since it was such a nice day and about 80 degrees. Maggie was not really into that either and wanted me to carry her. In retrospect, she probably felt like crap and I am a bad mom because I made her walk all the way down there. At one point, she sat down in the road, crossed her arms and wailed. But we made it down there. She didn't like the swing, she liked the slide until I tried to take her picture and she REALLY hated the see saw. She might have liked those things more if someone else had been there with me. Rege and Barb kept Maggie that evening so I could go to "Mamma Mia" with David's mom, which was VERY fun. Wednesday and Thursday were not fun at all, as Maggie cried pretty much non-stop the whole time we were home, didn't eat much and didn't sleep well at all. So, I took Maggie to the doctor on Friday after work. He said her eardrums looked bad and the upper respiratory infection was the cause of the runny nose and cough. She got a shot of antibiotics which she LOVED. Not. She screamed (I am not exaggerating) for probably 30 minutes after that. I had to change her diaper which made her cry and then she noticed the Bugs Bunny band-aid on her thigh and tried to pull it off and that made her scream some more. It was very dramatic. She was good while the doctor dug around in her ears with a little wire and the ear....thing...examiner....whatever it's called. He told me not to even bother trying to clean her ears because it would only make things worse. Asian people have very different ear wax than we do. It's almost like sand. Maggie is currently taking a 9 day course of oral antibiotics as well.
You will carry me to the playground. I decree it. And if you don't, I'm calling Grandma Karen.
Swinging is okay, but I don't love it. And I'll never forget that you made me walk the whole way down here.
I see your cell phone in your hand. Give it!
After Maggie visited the doctor, David and I abandoned her with her Grandma ReRe so we could go out to dinner with David's sister, Erin and her husband, Ronnie. We went to Maggiano's and had a lot of fun. Pomegranate martinis=yum. And if any of my students who found my blog are reading this, I do not want to discuss one teeny bit of any of my entries. EVER. And you can be assured that I will never write about any of you or your foolish ways on here. Sorry for that lapse in continuity. Yesterday, David abandoned Maggie and me for an all day track meet so Maggie and I planned to have a day of fun. And we did! We went to this huge consignment sale at a church around here with Kimberly. I knew they wouldn't allow strollers in there so I strapped Maggie in the mei tai and we were good to go. Oh yeah, she weighs 19.3 pounds now. Kimberly and I poked around for a while but I guess we needed to have gotten there early for the good stuff because what was left was kind of....tired looking. I may not be a consignment kind of girl. Also, I don't think that diaper pails should ever be re-sold unless you NEVER used it. EVER. You can go buy a cheap trash can for $3 at Walmart if you don't want to pay for a real diaper pail. Also, some of that junk that was being sold was GROSS looking. Stained strollers, beat up exersaucers, skanky cribs. I'm all for stains on Maggie's stuff but I want to know that she is the one who made them. Speaking of, we had to throw away a pajama shirt this morning due to some intestinal issues related to the antibiotic. It was super nasty. Finally, people, do not ever buy a used car seat. DO NOT DO IT. Who knows if anything's happened to it. And they do have expiration dates. Sitting in a freezing and alternately boiling car is not really good for plastic and that's primarily what a car seat is made of. I'll be stepping off my soap box now.
We went to lunch at Panera afterwards and it was sooooo yummy and fun. Maggie ate a whole grilled cheese, yogurt and almost a whole juice box of apple juice. Then we rolled over to Target for a while and then I decided I'd better head home as Maggie was beginning to look a little heavy-lidded. We went home but not before we went BACK to Kimberly's to let her in her house because she forgot her key. Silly Kimberly.
After Maggie woke up, we went to ReRe's for Nicklaus's 2nd birthday celebration and cake eating extravaganza. It was really fun. The kids played and got really worked up and we ate quite a lot of Chick-fil-a and birthday cake. Maggie played with the toy kitchen at Grandma's for a long time. I do not understand why she will play with toys there but at home, she wants nothing to do with her toys. Then Linda gave Nicklaus his present, a Radio Flyer trike, which Maggie immediately got on.
I'm a devious little leprechaun, I am.
Cookin' cousins.
Thanks for the bike, Aunt Linda! I love it!
This kitchen is the coolest toy EVER!
Kiddie mayhem.
And, finally.
Don't take my picture! There's a huge cat behind me!
I have on capris. They are as long as pants when I stand up.
Arr! I love Pirate's Booty!
Enough with the camera already.
4 comments:
That black and white shot is gorgeous!! I love the super-closeups.
Poor sick baby! They need to sterilize that day care or something.
You crack me up! I SOOO wish I could spend more time with you both! I agree about the b&w photo - beautiful - but of course! This IS Princess Maggie!
Jane
Why do I always sound like a dumbass in your entries??!! ;-) Thanks for rescuing me-- I still cannot find my key but I found your beefeater keychain!
Kimberly
Love the black and white picture! Maggie is beautiful!
Post a Comment