Thursday, March 22, 2007

School picture day

Maggie's first school pictures were yesterday. I think that is extremely funny that an 18 month old got school pictures taken. But, whatever. Now I won't have to take her to Sears to get her pictures made. I had no idea what she was going to wear until one of my coworkers who has a 2 year old told me just to go buy her something new. I thought that was a great idea especially since Maggie has no clothes whatsoever. Maggie wore a pink hoodie and some embroidered jeans from Old Navy. I suspect the jeans were low rise which I find hilarious. I had to jerk them on over her diaper. David said that when they got to Maggie's school yesterday, all the girls were wearing Easter dresses and the boys had on khakis and sweater vests and such. Not our girl! She was all comfy, just like her Momma would prefer to be all the time. I'm teaching Maggie that no shoes is preferable to shoes at all times. We'll work on bare feet when it gets warmer.

Maggie is MUCH better this week. She's been in a good mood and has eaten pretty well. We've discovered that she knows how to drink out of a straw. Lately, she's preferred eating dinner on David's lap. If it were me, I would make her sit in the high chair but since it's not me, whatever! I really don't have any other news to share. Tonight Maggie dumped a whole cup of applesauce on the kitchen floor and David got mad when I wouldn't help him clean it up. He tried to get Maggie to lick it off of his pants leg but surprisingly, she wouldn't.

Now I think I am going to download last night's episode of "Lost" since I fell asleep on the couch at 9:45 and woke up at QUARTER to ONE. I am a loser. Well, David was asleep on the other couch so we are losers together. I have a teacher workday tomorrow and WOO HOO. I love teacher workdays. I wish they were everyday.

I've been trying to decide if I want to discuss all the heavy adoption topics that everyone seems to write about on their blogs but you know what? I don't think I do. I haven't even watched our gotcha day video yet. I will one day. I tried to make this blog dramatic but that gets very boring (for me) after awhile. Plus my life is not that interesting. And my danged students might be reading this blog and I don't want them to know about my drug addiction. Just kidding.

Ooh, the other morning I almost hit a kid that ran out in front of my car when I was on my way to work. I about had a heart attack and I think that kid's mom did too because she was sure hollering at her daughter. I am not really a fan of spanking but I can see where I would want to spank Maggie if she ran out in the road like that.

I've been thinking about our future plans for adoption and adding to our family again and I think we are going to put that on the back burner for now. We are not financially nor emotionally ready to start that process again. Plus we need to decide if we want to adopt from China again or if we want to go to another country. I feel like China is in my heart but there are a lot of new rules and regulations that we would need to discuss. And the wait has become rather hideous but I wonder if it would be a little easier this time around because we would EXPECT to wait forever instead of like last time when we thought we would get a referral in 6 months and it ended up being 12.

Well, I think that is quite enough rambling for one evening and I'm sure you are not really interested in the inner workings of my thought processes. Here are the pics. I know that's what you're here for anyway!

Well, I'll just read it myself since Mommy won't do it! Like my bow? I found it and made Mommy put it in my hair. It has pink FUR on it!

Oh, what's this over here? More books? Oh boy!

I loooove books!

1 comment:

Kristi said...

At least Maggie will "read" books herself... Ahh, the days of watching LOST. We're gonna catch it this summer on DVD since we missed the first two episodes due to a trip to China...