Saturday, March 24, 2007

Today by Maggie

I woke up at 6:20 and Mommy came to get me. She made me get in bed with her and then she laid there with her eyes shut! I kept crawling around and kissing her and she wouldn't wake up! FINALLY, we got up and I ate breakfast. Yum yum! I eat the same thing everyday--milk, a waffle and half a banana. I pooped a lot today. Mommy had to take my diapers straight out to the trashcan outside. I watched her from the front door. Then Mommy put in a DVD and we watched a show I had never seen before called "Little House on the Prairie." I liked the theme song a lot! I danced to it. I like that show much better than stupid old "Star Trek." Mommy kept seeing ants on my "Pat the Kitty" book so she got that loud red thing out to suck them up. She moved the coffee table and she found the piece of cheese I put under there a long time ago! I wondered where that cheese was! I hate that loud red thing. I stood in the doorway of my room and watched her. I didn't want her to suck me up, too. Mommy gave me some animal crackers for a snack.
Mommy got me dressed in my blue and lavender striped capris, a t shirt with a watering can on it and I picked out my shoes! I wore my purple and pink Nike sandals. I also found a corduroy blazer that I wanted to wear but Mommy wouldn't let me. I cried. We went to Walmart first. I love Walmart but not as much as I love Target! I helped Mommy by throwing everything in the cart. She wouldn't let me put the eggs in the cart! I was mad so I threw the canned food on top of the Doritos. She also wouldn't let me open the cheese and eat it in the store. Mommy couldn't find ground chicken at Walmart so we had to go to Harris Teeter. I fell asleep in the car but then I woke up when I saw the special rocket ship carts at the Teeter. Mommy told me that we were only there for quick trip so she had to carry me. Ugh. Then the cashier told me I looked like a strong boy!!! WHAT?! I'm not a BOY. My pants had ruffles on them. My sandals had pink on them. My shirt had flowers on it. I wish my stinking hair would grow so people would know I'm a GIRL.
Then we went to Cookout to get lunch. I loooove Cookout. I fell asleep again. Mommy woke me up so I could eat and she gave me some cheese! I *heart* cheese. I also got to eat mandarin oranges, the fruit of my homeland, as Daddy calls them. Then Mommy had to change my outfit because I got oranges all over my shirt. She didn't put a bib on me! Dumb Mommy! She also gave me some yummy bubble gum flavored medicine because my eyes kept watering and I kept sneezing. I think I'm allergic to something. And no, it's not Louie, Grandma K!

She got out my blanket and made me lie down on the den floor. I didn't want to but I did because that's what we learned at school. I rolled all around and tried to get Mommy to play with me but all she would do was click around on that dumb computer. Finally, she gave up on me taking a nap (haha, Mommy) and we went over to Aunt Kimmie's house.

I love to go to Aunt Kimmie's house because they have lots of things to play with like candles and handweights and this humongous blue ball. I am very strong because I can lift a 3 pound weight. Also, Uncle Mark let me taste whipped cream and we shared a strawberry. I got it all over my shirt. Oh well. Mommy cares about that kind of stuff but I don't! Mommy and Aunt Kimmie spent a LONG time looking at baby clothes. I recognized some of them, I think. Uncle Mark put me in the laundry basket and gave me rides around the house. That was fun! I also found a bottle of bubble bath that I carried around for a while. Aunt Kimmie and Uncle Mark's kitties are scary. They hissed at me. All I wanted to do was love them!
Mommy, Aunt Kimmie and I were going to go to the park but I secretly didn't want to. I foiled their plan by falling asleep AGAIN in the car! I am so smart. I got very sweaty while I was sleeping. I wish Mommy would turn my carseat around so I could get some air in the backseat. Mommy says it's safer for me to sit backwards but I would rather be cool than safe! I also fell asleep in the middle of a call. I hope I don't get fired from my job as Cutest Baby Ever.

We went to the mall instead of the park. I would rather be inside anyway. Mommy and Aunt Kimmie made me go in Gymboree. I hate that place. Mommy always takes forever in there and then she doesn't buy anything. We also went and looked at shoes and then Mommy tried to dump me out of my stroller when we went down the escalator. Thanks a lot, Mommy. I started to cry in Eddie Bauer because I was very hungry and Mommy had forgotten to give me a snack! She found some smushed up goldfish in her bag. I ate them because I was starving! Mommy and Aunt Kimmie and I all had to go in this little room so they could take their clothes off and put on other ones. I don't know what they were doing but they sure did laugh a lot. Mommy wouldn't let me touch her bellybutton and she usually does! Then we finally headed for home. I got to eat a graham cracker in my carseat! I fell asleep again in the car. This was a very exhausting day.

When we got back to our house, Aunt Kimmie and I went out on the porch. Aunt Kimmie picked up Katie! You should have seen Mommy's face! Mommy went to get the camera but then Katie scratched Aunt Kimmie and ran away. Katie let me pet her too! Mommy cooked dinner which I have never seen her do! I got to eat chicken noodle soup while she was cooking. I think Aunt Kimmie sneaked food in my mouth when I wasn't paying attention. I'm not sure. I had to sit in my high chair while everyone else ate dinner. I was already done eating and I still had to sit in that dumb chair! I stirred my applesauce and made a mess. Mommy rolled her eyes at me.

Mommy let Aunt Kimmie give me a bath and put my pajamas on me. I had a good time in the tub. I love to take a bath. Aunt Kimmie was going to read "Goodnight Moon" to me but I only let her read 3 pages. That book is boring! I wonder where my Baby Signs book is. That one's my favorite. I brushed my teeth and then Mommy made me go in my room with her! She read me that prayer on the wall and I put my head on her shoulder. I figured she would let me stay up longer because I was being so sweet but she didn't! She turned on my CD of Christmas music and turned out the light. I wish Mommy and Daddy would put a different CD on because it is not Christmas time! I held on to Mommy really tightly so she thought I wanted to rock in the rocking chair. I didn't, I just didn't want to go to bed. I sat with her in the rocker until I thought I was going to be seasick. Then she went over to my crib and put me in it. I cried so she got me back out. (haha, Mommy. I know who's in charge). We went BACK to the rocker (ugh) so I started squirming and she put me in my crib again! She told me good night and left me in there alone! I cried for a second and then I don't remember anything else.
Today was a good day. I had fun with Mommy! She and Daddy came and spied on me while I was sleeping. (I wasn't really sleeping but I laid there with my eyes shut so they could look at me.) Tomorrow I need to put some more food under the coffee table and maybe start looking for my book.

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Hilarious!

Jon said...

Sorry I haven't checked in for so long, I enjoyed this one very much, she should have a weekly column on the Red Thread. MOST MAGGIE MONDAY'S, ALL MAGGIE, ALL MONDAY!!!!