Another week down
This past week seemed to drag as the last days of the school year always do. The kids want to do nothing but then if you actually are crazy enough to have nothing planned, they act like idiots and end up running around and hitting each other and generally acting stupid. So, the goal is to keep the kids occupied until each day ends. Thankfully, there's only one week left.
This weekend has been a little lazier and slower than last weekend. Maggie was not quite as enamored of her carseat by the end of the ride home on Monday evening. We had a lot of fun with Brooke, Emma and Jeff though and hope to get to see them again soon. Maggie and Emma put on their bathing suits and got in the pool again on Monday. I think the water was about 60 degrees and they were beginning to turn blue when we finally pulled them out. There are pictures over on Flickr so you can look at those if you so desire.
We went to David's mom's on Friday night and ate pizza. Visiting her on Fridays, eating dinner and watching a movie is beginning to become the routine now that we are living in the city. Yesterday, we mostly stuck around home but we did manage to get out and go for a walk.
YES! We're going for a walk! And my servants have agreed to pull me!
What could be better than a wagon ride and a sippy cup full of warm soy milk?
See my new shoes? My feet finally got big enough to fit into them.
And again, I say, "YES! I love walks!"
In fact, this walk is so much fun, that I think I might....just....
fall...asleep.
After we roused Maggie, she ate lunch and then we took a nap together. Oh, sweet naptime. I love thee. We decided to run up to the mall and do a little shopping. We also had to locate some leis as we were going to the National Art Honor Society end of year cookout and SOMEONE decided that everyone should wear flowers. Last year when the cookout was at our house, one of the kids came dressed as a flower. That was pretty awesome. Anyway, we rolled over to Southpark where we got Maggie some white sandals at Stride Rite. They cost 40 bucks which I think is utterly ridiculous for a pair of shoes for a 1 year old, but whatever. We bought them anyway and I can never find shoes that fit her feet. She is finally out of the shoe section that is for babies learning how to walk. We also went to the Apple store where Maggie had lots of fun playing a Dr. Seuss game, which Daddy promptly bought for her. Sucker! We also ran into Emily of Journey with AnnaClaire. Unfortunately, AnnaClaire had gone to the zoo and wasn't at the mall! Guess we will have to meet up some other time.
Here's Maggie, intent on her HTML coding. Don't bother her.
And finally, this morning, Maggie decided to break in her new beach chair. She can't wait to go to MB at the end of the month. Neither can I, for that matter.
Check me out with my bow in my hair! I'm such a girly girl, I even SLEEP with it in! (haha, not really)
Yes, that's a chair, too. I KNOW.
I can't wait to get sandy and sticky with salt at the beach! (neither can Mommy!)
Oh, haha, Daddy! You're SO funny!
My precious blankie. How I love you.
It's party time! Shake your maracas!
We have had a sudden weather change and it's about 65 degrees outside. All of us are wearing long pants and long sleeves. Crazy weather for June. Our plans are to go to the outdoor pops concert up at Southpark tonight but I don't know if that's going to be happening. It's still very rainy and dreary. We'll see, I guess. We are allegedly going down to the new home showroom to see if we can get our house on the road. We're going to be living with David's dad forever at this point unless we get something moving. That's kind of frustrating. So, that's all from our end of the internet.
3 comments:
It is amazing how she has subjegated an entire new community of people in such a short amount of time. We should send her to Iraq, in one day she would bring about endless peace. Only problem would be that her nap schedule would be off and I think that may be too high of a price to pay for stupid world peace. Thanks for the pics and captions. It is like reading a reality comic book! (yes, that is a jab at Maggie's Dad!)
She looks like she is doing the Tom Cruise on Oprah thing in those fist-pumping shots. "YES!" Hee.
Very cute pictures!! It was fun to see you guys yesterday.
Post a Comment