Friday, June 15, 2007

An Update (with no pictures)

Maggie stayed home from school today because we were going to take her to the little kid water park at our gym. It is about 70 degrees outside and gray skied so we decided to skip that one. Then David decided that a really awesome alternate activity would be for us to go to the COMIC BOOK CONVENTION. Yay. Maggie mysteriously started acting sickly and then took about a 12 hour nap (on me) and now it's too late to go! Woe. Maggie even wore her "My Dad's a Superhero" onesie in honor of the occasion.

Last night, Maggie was sort of acting like she was ready to go to bed but said, "NO" when I asked her if she was ready to go night night. I took her upstairs and rocked her for about 2 seconds before she started pointing at her bed. I laid her down and we blew kisses at each other as is our custom. Then I sort of stood there and planned to look at her lovingly. She said, "Bye-bye," and waved me away. I had been Dismissed. It was hilarious.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haaaa! "I hereby decree that Mommy shall leave me alone and go bye-bye!" That is SO funny.

I am sure you are devastated that you did not get to go to the comic book convention.

Jon said...

The Bevevolent Dictator of Sweetgum Lane and all people therewithin has made you her b-i!!! Awesome... I wish I could hear her speak. David's first father's day is upon us.... what shall we do?