Sunday, July 08, 2007

Happy 4th (belated)

So, I wasn't with Maggie on her first Fourth of July! Bad mommy! I stayed at the beach for the rest of the week with some college friends which was very fun. I was glad to get home yesterday though. Maggie looked SO big when I saw her. My friend Reagan's sister just had a baby and she came down to the beach house to visit with us. Ethan is about 3 weeks old and so tiny! After I held him for a while I realized that I am completely over my desire to HAVE a baby. Maggie is our baby. Plus, I think we missed a bunch of boring and frustrating stuff by coming in on Maggie's 11th month rather than starting at the beginning. Yes, I wish we could have known her from the start but I felt like I really got to know her when I was on maternity leave with her because she was older. Whatever. I can hardly write anymore. My China blog was pretty funny and now I think I am a boring old mom. Yuck.

We are going to my parents' house on Friday for a 2 week visit. Gotta make sure all the grandparents get equal time, ya know. Maggie is going to get a haircut down there, thank GOODNESS. She looks like the 5th member of the Beatles right now. She has also developed an obsession with Elmo. She refused to drink out of any cups unless they had Elmo on them while I was gone. She has not given me any lip about specific sippy cups and then David told me he hated me. Hee. It looks like a bomb went off in the toy bag in here. Maggie also calls David "mama" which GETS ON MY NERVES.

Maggie's BIG hair bow. That didn't last long. Grr.

Dining with Jimmy Buffett at Margaritaville. Oh wait. That's David.

Maggie and her cousins Jaq and Elizabeth. Of course Maggie would not look at me.

Oh, corn on the cob. How delicious.

Day 2 of corn on the cob.


After we finished at Margaritaville, we also took the kids over to this teeny amusement park area that had baby rides. Maggie flipped out on the carousel so we rode on the bench on it. Then she got mad because Elizabeth and Jaq got to ride these little racecars and she didn't. Then it was about ten thousand degrees so we left and Maggie fell asleep in approximately 1 second. Silly baby. I bought her an Elmo doll at the toy outlet this week and all the toys were buy 1 get 1 free! How awesome. I got her some pirate ship from this show "The Backyardigans" which Maggie has never seen because we don't have cable but I guess she won't mind. Hey, it was free and all the Dora toys talked or made noise. I'm saving the pirate ship for her birthday.

After we come home from my parents', we are going to New York the following weekend. Dang, we are traveling a lot this summer. I got nervous about Maggie flying on a lap pass so now she has her own seat in which to wreak havoc. She was not Number One Baby when we flew back from Atlanta and she couldn't even walk then. I feel like I have already typed all of this. I am boring and possibly redundant. We are going to visit Meredith and Joe and they can see first hand what it's like to wrestle a stroller around in the subway tunnels and have your schedule be dictated by someone who is less than 3 feet tall. The last time we were up there in the summer, I almost freaked out because it was SO HOT in the subway tunnel and I did not want anyone touching me because UGH. I do not like being too close when it is blazing hot.

Now I am going upstairs to check on David's outfit selection for Maggie. He did fine while I was not here but now The Nag has returned and I must reclaim my position.

No comments: