Mad skillz (mine)
Ooh, check me out with my new scrapbooking program. I rock. This layout took me, oh, 30 minutes. Jeez. Surely it's going to get faster.
This layout is very ugly but it was my first one. It is vaguely reminiscent of my first real scrapbook layout where I got a little overly sticker happy. Anyway, now I know that I can do this. Woo hoo. I hope I get better.
So, we are here in the metropolis of LaGrange visiting my parents for the next 2 weeks. Shall I recap the weekend's events? Yes, I think I shall. Well, Friday, we amazingly got out of town in a timely manner. Unheard of for us! After a few rousing games of ABC and iPod Name That Tune, it was time to stop for lunch. I wanted Panera but we conveniently missed the exit and went to Cracker Barrel instead. Y'all should have seen Maggie clean it UP at lunch. I got her a kid's portion of chicken and dumplings. Her first bite elicited hugs and kisses for both David and me. (that's what she does when food is particularly good). I think Cracker Barrel's chicken and dumplings deserve some kisses too because they are delicious. She also ate some of my carrots and some of David's fried okra. We finally had to take her food away because I thought her stomach might explode. We purchased some "Remember When" candy from the 1970's on our way out and gorged on Zotz and Pixy Stix as we continued down the road. I had forgotten just how delicious sugar in a straw is. We arrived at Mom and Dad's and I don't know what we did. Sat around and talked, I guess. And drank wine.
Saturday, after a rather arduous night of crying, Maggie was ready for the day. I wish her teeth would hurry up and come in. One of her molars has been partially poked through for about a month. Poor baby with the sore mouth. My mom fed her pound cake for breakfast. Like that would ever have been a breakfast option when I was a kid. Then David and I got ready and took off for Atlanta without the baby, who seemed remarkably unconcerned that she was being abandoned for the day. David and I ate lunch at the Varsity and then went to the High Museum, which was why we were going up there in the first place. We went to see The Gates of Paradise exhibit, which was a teensy bit disappointing. I swear I need to do some reading before I go to museums because the exhibits are NEVER what I think they're going to be. For example, I thought the Elgin Marbles in London were going to be just that. Large marbles, like the kind you play with, you know? No, they are a bunch of carvings. In marble. Well, the Gates of Paradise are some panels from these big doors from a church in Florence and I know David is going to croak when he reads that description. I thought it was going to be the entire doors instead of 3 panels. But they were very pretty and they took 5 years to pop them out of the framework of the doors. Man, that would be a horrible job. "Bye, honey! Going to work on those doors AGAIN today!" "Hi, honey! I'm home! Nope, didn't get them out again today! Maybe tomorrow." We also went to an Annie Leibowitz exhibit that I liked a lot but David didn't like as well. Then we went to IKEA and there were a lot of kids having temper tantrums there. We went to look at lighting and various other housewares. We have decided to go on the cheap and we didn't get any lights put in our new house (that ought to be fun) so we are looking for light fixtures and such at IKEA. We also found an extremely comfy chair and some bookcases. I found a little rocking horse thing that looked like a turtle shell but it didn't have a head. That seemed a bit odd to me. It was not purchased. Then we came home and I fell asleep in the car.
Today we got up and went to church and Maggie went straight into the nursery and did not seem to care one little bit. The nursery worker said that she was very mellow. Yeah, I'll agree with that assessment. Usually. Then we came home and ate and Maggie went straight down for her nap. While she was snoozing, David, Dad and I went to see "Harry Potter" and I had some gastrointestinal distress about 30 minutes into the movie but I would have had to crawl over about 8 people plus I did not want to miss anything so I suffered through it. On those stupid questionnaires that people send me through email, one of the questions is always, 'What is the worst feeling in the world?" I always answer guilt or regret but no, I think it is having a stomach ache. We came home and took Maggie in her little pool for a while. I got some pictures but our batteries in the camera are dead so you'll have to wait until tomorrow. Plus it might take me 5 hours to do scrapbooking layouts for them. Tonight we watched "House Hunters." I LOVE THAT SHOW. Man, I can't wait until we have cable again. It was fun being cheap for a while but I am DONE with the cheapness. I need creature comforts.
I don't really know what's on the agenda this week. Maggie's getting a haircut on Wednesday! Yay! No more shag hairstyle. She did leave her hairbow in all the way through church this morning. That pleased me. Now it's time for bed.
**Edited to add that when I clicked on the scrapbook layouts, I realized they are very small so I will have to fix that. But not tonight. The laptop is burning my leg.
2 comments:
Love your new mad skillz!! You must share with me when you return.
I have watched so many episodes of House Hunters in the last week that Mark involuntarily shudders when he hears Suzanne Whang's lovely voice (or that AWESOME theme music).
Oh, and Maggie's fans need to see some pics of the new do. Speaking of hair, go read BooMama's posts on her hair trauma. Hilarious.
Have a great week!
Kimmie
Oh, I LOVE House Hunters, too!!!!
Pam
Post a Comment