Catching up
It seems like I always start these posts out by apologizing for not updating more frequently so I think I won't this time! Last weekend we all went to the Greek Festival in Charlotte. I think I've gone to it every year since I moved to Charlotte 10 years ago (wow!) except for last year, as we were in China. Anyway, it's at the Greek Orthodox Church and they have GOOD good food, including baklava sundaes. Really, how can you go wrong with vanilla ice cream and gooey baklava? Mm. Reagan and Leslie came up to join us as well as Mark and Kimberly and we had a great time. It was extremely hot so much of our trip was spent inside (eating). I got Maggie to muster up her courage a bit and join me on a little Greek ship ride. It went round and round in circles and I think I might not be cut out for those anymore. Much like a bounce house, round and round rides are not so fun after a certain age. It was fun though and I had to hold my feet off the ground so they wouldn't drag because it was a little close to the ground.
We had to go to the mall afterwards because goodness gracious, it was hot. I felt like we were in China. Then I went and had a slumber party at Kimberly's and we stayed up WAY too late talking. I cannot be staying up until 3 in the morning nowadays. At one point we were sitting out on the patio and there were these 2 cicadas out there, uh, mating and making a horrible flapping sound. Reagan got brave and tried to sweep them off the patio and they made this terrible screeching "EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" sound and I screamed bloody murder. At midnight so I'm sure Kimberly's neighborhood enjoyed that. It was very hilarious though. There are some new pictures of the house on Flickr. The house was locked so we had to take pictures through the windows like a bunch of thieves. Except I guess thieves wouldn't be taking pictures through the windows. They'd probably be busting them open.
It is no secret to anyone who knows me that I DESPISE cooking. I loathe it. I made this Rachael Ray bread salad recipe one night for dinner last week and it was enough to send me into hysterics. I get very nervous when I have to cook for people other than myself, really. Or Maggie because she doesn't say too much. Although if you asked me to make some complicated dessert, I would be glad to. Dinner? No. Maggie and I decided to make some brownies last night. She promptly got batter all over her arm, which she did not like. I explained to her that the best part of making brownies was licking the batter off of your hands/arms/fingers, etc. She liked that.
Stirring, stirring.
Quite proud of herself.
The Gene Simmons tongue is especially helpful for cleaning up the batter.
Mommy! This is the most delicious thing I've ever had!
We both have spoons to lick! Yum!
Um, can you clean me up now?
I love cooking!
Next Saturday we are having Maggie's 2nd birthday party! How can she be two already? I bought some Elmo plates, napkins and a tablecloth for the party. She has already gone through the bag with that stuff in it and completely ignored the puzzle that I also bought for her birthday. I'm sure she will not like any toys that we got her which, let me tell you, are not many. We're getting tickets to Sesame Street Live instead. WOO HOO. Elmo's piercing voice LIVE. I can't wait.
And finally, enjoy this video of Maggie dancing to her favorite band. Sponsored by diet Coke. My true feelings for my daughter are revealed in this telling clip.
2 comments:
I did enjoy the product placement in that video.
Also, Sesame Street Live isn't so bad. I took Gracie a few years ago and we had a blast!
L
Glad to see that someone else out there isn't concerned about eating raw brownie batter! Looks like it was a deliciously good time!
Post a Comment