Movin' on up
I am having a hard time writing this post. We moved this weekend. I do not like moving. At all. Although packing up is way worse than unpacking. I think I'll write this post as a numbered list because I cannot seem to be able to write a "story" about the move.
1. We spent the first night here on Thursday. Maggie's bed was set up. We slept on an air mattress. Our shower is a garden tub/shower combo and that thing is gigantic. I bet four people would fit in there at one time. Not that I want to do that. I don't think we moved into THAT kind of neighborhood.
2. Meredith's husband, Joe, flew down from NYC to help us move. How's that for a good friend? And the funny thing is, Meredith and I were friends first and Joe was the one who came to help us! Admittedly, Meredith had other plans and couldn't come but still. I think that's pretty cool.
3. Saturday dawned early and I dropped the boys off to pick up the rent-a-truck to haul all our junk that had been stored at David's mom's and at Rege and Barb's. Joe and David thought they were really cool with their big yellow truck. I heard some woo hoo-ing as I drove out of the parking lot.
4. David and Joe got the stuff at ReRe's packed up in record time. I sat inside and talked. Maggie stayed there for the day and I think, ran ReRe ragged.
5. Then we headed to Rege and Barb's and I started to get in a slightly bad mood. We went up and down and in and out about a hundred times and then all of that stuff was packed. I despise moving hanging clothes and all the little flotsam and jetsam that ends up everywhere when you live somewhere. I just wanted to throw it all out. I persisted and jammed it all in my car.
Here's The Old Dudes Moving Company at work.
6. Then Barb and Joe and David headed back to the house and I picked us up some subs. When I got back to the house, the boys were moving the piano inside. They decided they weren't going to eat until that blooming piano got inside. My first plan was for the piano to go in the bonus room upstairs. No, just kidding. It didn't go too far to its final resting place.
7. Then we started unpacking. Barb and I pulled a bunch of chicken wire on our heads. WHY did that get packed? A lot of stuff got brought over here in the Pod that shouldn't have. Also, I realized that our old kitchen had way more cabinets than this one and that posed a bit of a problem.
8. Joe and David had to take the feet off our loveseat and the door off of the hinges to get it in our bedroom.
9. Kimberly and Mark brought lasagna for dinner. That was awesome.
10. Joe, David and I were in bed by 8:45 on Saturday.
11. On Sunday, we broke down boxes, stuffed ten thousand pieces of paper in trash bags and cleaned up the garage. Joe scrubbed the wagon and took Maggie for a ride. Or three.
Please don't leave, Uncle Joe!
12. The DirectTV guy came on Sunday and took approximately one thousand hours to install our satellite dish and David had to take Joe to the airport by himself.
13. I am gleefully watching HGTV on our new flat screen TV and my life is complete.
Maggie likes the TV too.
I love our new house!
I think I'll grow old here!
I wish I didn't have to go to work so I could play in my new house. And maybe clean it up a bit. But if you want to come over, we've got an extra folding chair for you to sit on as our new furniture has not arrived.
And we saw this in our backyard tonight! I know it's blurry but there were almost 10 deer in our "woods." Cool.
1 comment:
Aww, look at Maggie cuddling up to her Uncle Joe! So cute! I wish you'd gotten a shot of the Old Dudes flexing their muscles. Tee hee.
Joe said the piano was something of a pain to move, although I don't believe he used the word "pain." Heh.
Post a Comment