Gearing up
Closing is set for Tuesday at 3:00. Final walk through at 1:00. One of the things they had to fix on the preliminary walkthru was the mailbox. It got squished by a rogue cement mixer. HAHA.
I read this blog called Emma-Bug and the author recently wrote a post about Eight Random Things in Her Kitchen because she couldn't think of anything to write about. At this point, I don't have a whole lot to write about either but I have been made aware that people would like for me to update more often. On that note, I am going to participate in the National Blog Posting Month in November where my plan is to post on my blog every single day. We'll see how I do. Anyway, the whole purpose of that convoluted paragraph was to introduce the Eight Random Things in my Mother-in-Law's Kitchen. Remember, we're still living with them until the house is done. But even though the closing is on Tuesday, I am not sleeping at the new house as we would be sleeping on the floor. And I am quite past sleeping on the floor. Argh. Getting off topic again. Here we go!
Here we have a framed recipe for She-Crab Soup. I have never had this soup (ahem, Barb) but it sounds good. And it must be good if it was worthy of being framed.
Next we have a large collection of teas. I believe there are 6 different boxes of teas here on the counter. My mother in law likes tea a lot. So does my husband for that matter. He is a snob though and will only drink CHAI tea. I like the basket of garlic on top of the teas. I guess that's if your tea is missing something.
Here is a pan of brownies in the microwave. They are in there because we have a stupid cat that likes brownies and really, any food that's left sitting on the counter. I should have taken the foil off though so you could see that they are Ghiradelli Turtle brownies with a LOT of caramel swirled around.
This is the freezer door with lots of pictures. Maggie is up there along with her cousins Elizabeth and Nicklaus. One of my school pictures is also up there along with a hilarious picture of David and his sister, circa the 70's.
Pantry doors with more pictures and a whole lot of Leap Frog magnets that Maggie doesn't play with. The invitations for Maggie's first birthday and her welcome home party are also up there but I don't think you can see them.
Here is our stash of chips. David and his dad like chips a whole lot. Rege always eats my Cheetos. But then he buys me a new bag so it's all good. That stupid box of Bountiful Beer Bread Mix needs to be thrown out. I've had it forever.
Progresso soup and a few random Campbell's Selects. There are 27 cans of soup in the pantry. I counted. There have been some good deals at the grocery store lately. I'm going to steal some when we move.
I gave Barb this Christmas ornament a few years ago and she hung it on her cabinet knob. David's mom and my mom have ornaments like this too and I think they are hanging in their kitchens too.
This sign is awesome. That's all I have to say.
Here's how the Leap Frog letters DO get used. Except Maggie took off with the C and the E so we had to get creative.
And the final random thing in the kitchen is, of course, Cousy. He's standing beside a black mark on the kitchen floor that Maggie tries to pick up at least once a day.
We went shopping all afternoon today and bought a load of new furniture. Yesterday, I went to Target and bought all of our towel bars and toilet paper holders. I got some new bedding for the guest room too. I think I might be tired of spending money. Shocking, I know. We also bought our refrigerator and microwave yesterday. I think that's all the dirt for now.
3 comments:
Hmmm. Snack/junk food, cookbooks and phone books all together. So you can eat junk, cook or have takeout. Good filing system!
KBC
Maggie looks a little drunk in that last shot.
Hey, you're closing in like an hour. WOOOOO! Congratulations!!
Michael and I have been thinking about you. Maggie seems more beautiful in each picture. You can tell she is happy. E mail me for some wonderful news.
Becky and Michael D.
Post a Comment