Tuesday, November 13, 2007

A Cop-out Meme

Perhaps I should not have signed up for this whole month of blogging thing because I have come to the realization that I am BORING. David took today off to wait for our wing chair and dishwasher to be delivered. Also, a kitchen table because the one they delivered last week was the wrong one. I did not even realize it was the wrong one, mostly because it still matched. It was just bigger than the one we were supposed to get. I like our new dishwasher but I have not heard it run yet. It seems very fancy. Ooh! Here's a picture.

Exciting, no? And here is the biggest loser in the world in his new chair.


Today when I picked Maggie up from daycare, she was very much ensconced in playing with a baby doll and one of her teachers. She also had her sleeves pushed up to her armpits. I guess she had gotten hot. She stomped around the room and finally came over to me so we could leave. Her daily sheet had 'potty' written on it but apparently, she just wanted to sit on it and did not actually do anything, much like she does at home.

Today I had a spelling bee in my classroom and as usual, it baffled me. I have no idea why most of my students do not have any idea how to spell. I mean, at ALL. It's not like they spelled 'truculent' with a K or something. It's more like spelling 'baffled,' B-A-F-L-F-L-E-D. They get all flustered and start stringing random letters together. It puzzles me. 3 boys won out of my three classes though, so I guess that's good. In my homeroom, I cleared out about 90% of my class on the first round. Kinda sad.

I bought this black, kneelength cardigan sweater at Santa Shoppe this weekend and it is super cool. It is also my Christmas present. It's mostly for me to wear at work when I am freezing to death but I don't necessarily feel like teaching in my winter coat. Although it's mighty fun to teach while wearing a gigantic red puffy coat. I have a problem with winter coats. I always think that I like them and then I decide that they might be dorky. Plus I hate wearing them. Too bulky.

I think I have exhausted the ins and outs of my scintillating day, so I shall proceed with the meme. (pronounced Meem, in my head.)

1. Grab the book nearest to you, turn to page 18, find line 4. Write down what it says: "is down." Because the nearest book is that blamed "Go, Dog. Go!" by P.D. Eastman, not Dr. Seuss, like I thought.

2. Stretch your left arm out as far as you can. What do you touch first? The cabinets in the den.

3. What is the last thing you watched on TV? The news. A "Cold Case" rerun is on too.

4. WITHOUT LOOKING, guess what time it is: 8:45

5. Now look at the clock, what is the actual time? 8:35

6. With the exception of the computer, what can you hear? Ellen DeGeneres talking on a commercial and the toilet flushing upstairs.

7. When did you last step outside? what were you doing? Before dinner. David and Maggie and I went to look at the house across the street and the one next door. Ours is smaller but infinitely better.

8. Before you came to this website, what did you look at? I went to The Daily Meme to find something to write about.

9. What are you wearing? A Carolina shirt and PJ pants with snowflakes on them

10. Did you dream last night? Something involving dissecting a fish

11. When did you last laugh? Probably when I was playing with Maggie earlier

12. What is on the walls of the room you are in? Not a DARN thing. Bare white walls.

13. Seen anything weird lately? I've seen a lot of weird things lately. Nothing particularly memorable though.

14. What do you think of this quiz? It's alright.

15. What is the last film you saw? "The Holiday." LOVED it. LOVE Jude Law.

16. If you became a multi-millionaire overnight, what would you buy first? Our house, I think.

17. Tell me something about you that I don't know: Reading with Maggie is not as fun as I thought it was going to be.

18. If you could change one thing about the world, regardless of guilt or politics, what would you do? All children would be well-loved, well cared for and cherished.

19. Do you like to dance? Depends on how hammered I am.

20. Imagine your first child is a girl, what do you call her? a boy? My first child was a girl and I call her Maggie. A boy...hmm. Not sure. My next girl name is Caroline though, I think.

21. Would you ever consider living abroad? Maybe. I would love to spend some more time in London.

Faster, faster, PapPap! Faster!

It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt.

Kiss my foot, minion. Make it all better.

It's not working! It hurts! HURTS, I tell you!

All better.

It wasn't your fault, Elmo. I still love you.

And with that, I am done.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are there always Huggies on the dining room table?

Where's the new table?
MOM

Tigger said...

Allison,

We are really enjoying your daily posts. Hope you keep them up after November is over! Emma and I love to see the pictures of Maggie!

Talk to you soon.

Brooke