The days when I hate my job
I had to write a kid up today. I DESPISE doing stuff like that. I can usually get through the majority of a school year without ever writing a kid up but this year, it only took until November. Another teacher and I were co-teaching, in that the kids were making pinatas and we were sitting there watching them. (okay, technically, this is club time and not a real class. But during school hours). Anyway, one of my girls said, "Give me the mother effing scissors" to another student and my co-teacher saw her. She called the girl over and asked her what she said to which the student responded, "Something I probably shouldn't have." Uh, yeah. But. BUT! She also said that she has a condition that causes her to say things that are inappropriate at times. NO, SHE DOES NOT. Unless her condition is called "being a 7th grade girl." Ugh. Do not make up stupid lies to get yourself out of trouble because you DO NOT have Tourette's syndrome, which is to what I assume she was referring. So she goes back to her friends and proceeds to complain and sigh and roll her eyes and be all kinds of rude so my co-worker calls her over again and tells her to just let it drop. Forget it. It's not that big a deal. After clubs were over and the kids were going to their lockers and returning to homeroom, this student (who is in my homeroom) was out in the hallway talking (bitching, I'm sure) to another student. I told her to come in my room and she turned around, looked at me and flounced off the hallway. GOD. I hate that kind of crap. Either I look stupid because this kid didn't listen to me or I look stupid because I could run down the hall yelling, "KID! KID! GET BACK IN MY ROOM! NOW!" and who knows what might happen after that. So stupid. So I wrote her up for insubordination. I hate that confrontational kind of junk. Don't be rude, do what you're told and you might get to have some fun in the meantime. Whatever.
Maggie has, rather hilariously, I might add, started reading books aloud to an audience. Her audience being me, usually when I'm not paying attention. She sits in her rocking chair and holds a book so I can see the pictures and jibber jabbers on. It is so funny. I guess that's what they do at school. When I picked her up today, I was trying to get her butterfly (or FLY) out of her rolled up naptime blankie and a sock flew out. I thought, "GROSS! We sent a dirty sock to school with her." But then her teacher said, "THERE'S that sock! We were looking for it everywhere." Maggie had on 2 shoes and 1 sock. HEE. She apparently takes her shoes and socks off when it's naptime.
I must now put in a plug for books by Gyo Fujikawa. Everyone who has a kid should get some because they are awesome and are not boring like stupid Dr. Seuss. I highly recommend "Oh, What a Busy Day!" and if it wasn't such an utter pain to do links on here, I would link you to it. I had to buy mine at the used book store because I don't think it's in print anymore. You can get it on Amazon, though.
We met our across the street neighbors tonight. Their house is still being built. They have a 22 month old little boy who looks like a monster next to our old timer. They seemed very nice though and the husband is a teacher as well. Yay, good neighbors! We have not met anyone else on our street as our next door neighbors do not appear to speak anything but Spanish and I have only heard our diagonally across the street neighbors speaking Russian. Heh. We are multicultural here in our neighborhood.
Maggie proclaimed all this stuff, "Heavy." Yes. I would imagine so. And yes, that blanket has Japanese girls on it because I am an IDIOT.
These things are very important.
We love to watch ESPN in hi def.
I don't. And it is a mystery to me how the channel miraculously changes as soon as I leave the room.
2 comments:
I can TOTALLY relate to your story about writing up the insubordinate child. Tracy and I have been giggling over it. Marriott beds ROCK, by the way. I wish I could pack mine up and take it home with me.
Ole!
Kimmie
At least you aren't that weak (usually math) teacher who cowers at his or her students and tries to write them up at the drop of a hat.
Post a Comment