Friday, November 23, 2007

The day after....

I had no idea what was going on this morning when "Wonderful Christmastime" by Paul McCartney came blaring out of my radio at 5:20. That is a horrible song. I turned it off and David told me I'd better get up. I was extremely thankful I'd thought to make coffee the night before. I got over to Kimberly's house by 5:45 and she, her sister Hillary and her brother in law, Bryan were waiting for me. They were ready to SHOP. And SPEND MONEY. We headed to Walmart first and to be honest, it was not that bad. Last year, Target was an absolute zoo with people throwing video game chairs around and running people down. Not at the Wally World. They were considerate and nice there. For a change. I got the last on sale Little Tikes kitchen for Maggie! I was so excited. I think she will like it. I hope. Probably she will ignore it and play with wrapping paper or something on Christmas morning. Here's what it looks like:

I also found some Elmo pajamas for five bucks. I am not really a fan of character stuff but when I saw those PJ's, I had to get them. Maggie LOVES them. She carried them around in the package for a long time and then wanted them out so she could love them. They really look cute on her. After we were done at Walmart, we headed to Dunkin Donuts for some Munchkins because we were all starving. And sleepy.
We went on to Kohl's, which was NOT hell on earth this year! Admittedly, the line to check out went all the way to the back of the store and we waited for probably 40 minutes to check out but it was still fun. Everyone was so nice and helpful and we all took turns holding our place in line while others went off shopping. Then we decided it was about to head home and spare the other shoppers from our unwashed-ness.

I think that's all for now. I'm kind of sleepy. Oh yeah, David and I stupidly lost (threw away) the proofs for Maggie's school pictures so we took her to Sears so we could give them all our money. They also took her picture. Guess what everybody's getting for Christmas?

And a conversation I had with Maggie today:
"Maggie, are you a baby?"
"No."
"Are you a big girl?"
"No."
"Then what are you?"
"Two."

Oh.

No comments: