Saturday, November 03, 2007

Help! Advice needed!

I will do a real post later but we need a new vacuum! Ours is HORRID. Any suggestions? We can't afford a Dyson, unfortunately, as much as I would love one so any suggestions other than that would be welcomed. PLEASE!

8 comments:

Kristi said...

I would offer advice, but sadly I think I am in more desparate need than you! The on/off switch no longer works on mine and to turn it on you just plug it in and to turn it off you unplug... I'll be watching to see what advice you get because with a 20 month old and a 75 pound dog, our carpet needs some help!!!

Kristi

Anonymous said...

try looking on craigs list (or even freecycle). sometimes they list a dyson for way cheaper than you can pick them up in the stores.

xo-beth

Anonymous said...

I tried the expensive vaccums and they suck, er, I mean they don't suck. Then I looked on Consumer Reports and found the Hoover Tempo and it had high ratings and it was CHEAP! I've owned it for over a year and don't have any complaints.

http://www.amazon.com/Hoover-U5140-900-Widepath-Bagged-Upright/dp/B0009ONZ8G

Good luck on your quest!

Unknown said...

I just checked on ebay and there are lots of Dyson animal vacs on sale there if you want to try your luck at bidding on one. Just set a limit and don't be tempted to go over it. I mean there are hundreds on there!

Anonymous said...

Hoover WindTunnel. Rated #1 by Consumer Reports (above the Dysons) and around $100. We have 2 dogs (that shed), live in the mountains, kid, etc. and it's the best one we ever had. The light changes from red to green when an area is clean, and I swear, it works.

Danielle

Jon said...

Thanks so much for this post... Amanda is vaccum shopping as I type this. She went to some site and rated animal hair pick ups... some Bissell won. $160. Miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

DUDE. Hillary's Dyson really does rock. Might be worth the bucks. Of course, we heart our trusty Oreck and sometimes you get free gifts w/purchase like our super-cool electric little vacuum.

Kimmie

Laura said...

We have a Simplicity and LOVE it! We have 3 dogs - all shedders - and have never had an issue with the Simplicity even though I use it every day to keep ahead of the dog hair! I highly receommend it!