Wild and crazy. Yep, that's us.
Today was a usual old Saturday. Errands, Cookout for lunch, sitting around doing nothing. I swear to goodness that I have absolutely GOT to stop going to Target or I am going to break us. There are so many things we NEED for the house. Maggie received a Target gift card as her flower girl gift to be used for a toy only. She selected a Mr. Potato Head and a copy of "Go Dog Go" by Dr. Seuss (hope that counts as a toy). She still has $4 left to spend! What a smart shopper! While we were at Target, we saw a display for one of those "real" horses that is very large, like maybe up to my hip and moves and "eats" carrots and stuff like that. Maggie was intrigued by it until I rubbed its nose and it started moving and she did NOT like it at all. She said, "No. No. No," and we had to leave that area. Then when we walked by it to go to another part of the store, she turned completely on her side in the buggy seat and would not look at the horse. Maggie is so timid at times, well, most of the time. She is much more comfortable with her Elmo rocking horse but is still scared of it at times. Anyway, all of this is to say that she was scared of Mr. Potato Head after I got him out of the box. After she saw me playing with him, she decided to be brave and check him out. They had one at Target that looked like Spiderman but as Maggie was scared to death when Spidey visited her daycare class this week, I opted for the classic one.
David and I had Big Fun on our date tonight. First of all, it was highly romantic as we just stayed in our town and went to the local Mexican restaurant and sat behind these people who had this baby with the most piercing cry in the world. The food was good though. Then we went to the latest hotspot, Lowe's and looked at vacuums, shoe storage and dishwashers. Yes, we just moved into a brand new house with a brand new dishwasher but in retrospect, we should not have cheaped out on it. I don't know why we did. Dumb, I guess. Trying to keep the costs down! Yeah, like getting a dishwasher that was $100 more was going to tack 50 grand onto our mortage or something.
Then we went to the local theater to see "30 Days of Night." Yeah. Look it up on IMDb. Vampires, Alaska, copious amounts of blood. My movie watching this weekend has not been stellar. I watched "The Skulls III" last night at David's mom's. And yes, I've seen the first two as well. First of all, this theater must be the last one in the country that does not have stadium seating, if that tells you anything. Also, we had finished eating approximately 20 minutes earlier but David had to get popcorn. Just the thought of popcorn after dinner made me want to barf. We were 2 of 4 people in the theater when we first got in there but then more and more people came in. We were sitting on the next to last row (the back is the best for making out, ya know) (KIDDING) and then a herd of high school girls came in and sat in the back row and were kicking our seats and bumping around and giggling. I think the last movie we went to see at this theater was "Signs" and when the alien walked by in that one scene, this dude that was in the theater with us ran screaming up the aisle. Highly amusing. I expected more of the same from our back row companions and they did not disappoint but there was way more giggling than the previous time. The movie was very gross and a little disturbing and their blood budget must have been in the millions.
Overall, it was a fun evening though. I think we shall have to start scheduling these monthly. We have some more new neighbors across the street but they have not thrown their dirty laundry all over their car and driveway like our next door neighbors did right before we moved in.
David is now scaring me by "hearing things" outside. I hear them too but I am pretending like I don't so I think I will go upstairs now where I will be safe.
3 comments:
Ditton on the dishwasher. I bought a new house 2 years ago and didn't opt for the nicer dishwaser. I wish I would have. It was a piece of crap and I ended up needing to buy a new one.
What could be more fun than Lowe's ot Home Depot on a Saturday nite? We have a 17 year old dishwasher we can give you...cheap!
MOM
We did the exact same thing with the dishwasher when we moved into our house. Funny :-)
Post a Comment