I be tired of blogging
First, I must share my love for the trainwreck of a show "Intervention" on A&E. I LOVE IT. It always plays out the same way, which is oddly comforting. We are introduced to some poor soul suffering from drug or alcohol addiction, an eating disorder or some such. We follow them (and their dysfunctional families) through a few days of life and then the interventionist swoops in, gives the rest of the family what for, they surprise the addict and get them to agree to go to treatment, then we get a brief shot of them in recovery. It is SO GOOD.
Tonight I watched Oprah's "Favorite Things" show. I think I am one of the few people in America who is not really a fan of Oprah. Don't get me wrong, I don't really have a problem with her. I'm just not really a fan. It was fun to watch the screaming women receive cool stuff though. They got a refrigerator with a TV in it today, among other things.
On to Maggie news. She seems to have developed some kind of rashy eczema on her back and on her neck. When I picked her up yesterday, her teacher showed me her back where she had scratched so much, it was almost raw and had been bleeding in a few places. Also, her teacher asked if I knew about the bruise on Maggie's rear end. Um, yes, and that is a Mongolian spot, not a bruise. I wonder if they were getting ready to turn me over to DFCS or something. Anyway. We put Maggie in a onesie today so she couldn't scratch her back up and when I picked her up this afternoon, she had scratched the back of her neck raw. I bought her some Eucerin and lubed her up, so hopefully that will solve the problem.
Tonight, instead of reading together, Maggie and I watched a LOT of kitty cat videos on YouTube. Literacy--HA! Who needs it? I am not usually interested in reading posts about all the cool new words that kids can say so I am not going to give a list of Maggie's vocabulary. But, she has started saying, "I'll hold it" and it sounds so funny. She usually says it when she wants something. For example, if I am holding a sucker, she'll say, "I'll hold it." Yeah, I bet you will, little girl!
On Sunday, I fell asleep on the couch in the late afternoon and I was awakened suddenly by Maggie brushing my hair with a spoon. She also was using it as a curling iron and got it incredibly tangled up in my hair. I asked her what she had done and she sort of shrugged and scooted away to her baby doll. Silly girl.
I guess that's all the news at this time and I am ready to head for bed. After "House Hunters."
3 comments:
Good to be able to comment again!
I see that BigMama has been added to your blogroll. Happy reading!!
I enjoyed Oprah's favorite things but it wore me out. That was A LOT of screaming. Oprah should give away something to soothe the throat. I may have to tune in today to see the new American Girl doll. I had to watch the Bachelor afterwards-- drama city.
K.
I'm not the hugest Oprah fan anymore either but man o' man I'd love to be there in the audience when she announces its her Favorite Things show. I always get so jealous, LOL!
Post a Comment