Wednesday, November 21, 2007

How to brine a turkey (a pictorial essay)

First, let me put on my glasses.

They seem small.

Okay, I'll wipe off my measuring cup while I look over the recipe.

Oops, I need a measuring SPOON, not a cup!

I see a baby in this spoon! She's pretty!

Okay, first ingredient: black peppercorns.

Then some thyme. Whew. It has a strong smell!

NOW it's time for my measuring cup.

Bay leaves next. Hmm, I think 2 cups will be enough.

Kosher salt comes next.

Then some DIXIE CRYSTALS brown sugar. It's heavy!

Stir until sugar is dissolved.

Now I'll just watch the turkey as it cooks.

Wait a minute! I'm not supposed to cook the turkey yet! Stupid recipe.

I'll just have some pie while I decide what to do.

Happy Thanksgiving Eve, y'all!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad Maggie's cooking! YUM! I can't wait til tomorrow!

Jon said...

I love that smile.

Unknown said...

Pioneer Woman has nothing on Maggie! PW for the younger set ;
Happy Turkey day and as my nephew says "Happy Thank You Day"