Nuttin'
Maggie got a haircut today. FINALLY. Her shaggy bangs in her face all the time were driving me nuts. I took her to a kids' haircutting place that had movies at each station and the seats were cars or animals and stuff like that. Maggie got to sit in a blue jeep which she liked okay until the lady wanted her to take her coat off. She tried to get upset but I finally got her to comply. She was pretty good during the actual haircut although she did want me to sit in the little jeep with her. I told her I would just stand next to her. At the end, she started crying and I'm not really sure why. I'm glad I had a coupon for that place because otherwise I might have been ticked that I paid 16 bucks for a 3 minute haircut. Her hair looks really cute though.
She got a sucker for her trouble and then we went to Nothing but Noodles for dinner.
My school is collecting stuff for shoeboxes to send with Operation Christmas Child. I reminded my students of that today and they immediately started bitching that "All this school wants from us is money!" Yeah. That's exactly what they want. And I'm so sure the kids would be spending THEIR money on stuff. More like their parents' money. So Maggie and I went to Target to buy some things to go in some shoeboxes to give my kids a reminder to bring stuff in. I so love Target. I feel so happy when I go inside. I didn't allow myself to look at the Christmas stuff. Well, a little.
Maggie's teacher said that she asked to sit on the potty today. I bought her a little seat to go on the toilet tonight at Target and Maggie was VERY excited. She kept saying "Potty! Potty!" and whacking her hiney. Then we put it together when we got home and she got scared of it and wouldn't go near it. I do not know what the deal is with the being scared of random things out of the blue. She does that a lot. She got scared of her dolly stroller the other day and wouldn't go get her baby out of it. David and I both sat on the potty seat tonight to show her it wasn't scary and yes, we still had our pants pulled up and she was okay with that. I went ahead and stuck her on it before her bath and she was okay with it but wanted off pretty quickly. We'll just leave it there and see what she thinks.
2 comments:
Target makes me happy too! Shall we plan on a trip to the Spartanburg Target on Saturday?
Leslie
Target rules! And I wonder if kids just get scared of things for no particular reason. I bet she'll be using the potty in no time.
Post a Comment