Sunday, November 18, 2007

Sunday

I have been introduced to yet another time sucker on the internet. Leslie and Reagan "friended" me on Facebook and it was all over. Y'all. That is an addicting site! I have spent a lot of time looking at peoples' profiles, finding people that I used to go to school with, fun stuff. I would highly recommend it. (coughcoughMeredithcoughcoughKimberly)

Today, we went on a marathon shopping spree to (ugh) Walmart to prepare for Thanksgiving. We are having all of David's local family over plus his sister and her family. I am so excited! My parents are staying home this year. We are having an eclectic bunch of food to please all palates. We will be having: turkey, ham, kielbasa and sauerkraut, dressing, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes (yams, really), green bean casserole, succotash, and rolls. Then we will have pumpkin pie, pecan pie and peanut butter pie. David's sister is also bringing birthday cake because she and her daughter share the same birthday on Thanksgiving! I am excited about cooking all this food, which I know comes as a shock. I think I am going to try brining the turkey this year a la Pioneer Woman and I found a mashed potato recipe online that includes cream cheese (YUM) that I would like to try.

David's sister indicated that her daughter might need some Sunday dresses for her birthday, and I, always happy to shop for kids' clothes, was happy to comply. BUT. I found some TACKY junk at the local mall today. I think I might be glad that Maggie is a shrimp because the clothes for older kids (Elizabeth will be 5) were either 1. cheap looking, 2. slutty looking or 3. covered in fur, sparkles, sequins or fringe. Ick. Admittedly, my store choices today were Belk, which is usually okay, JCPenney and Sears. So, not great options there. I have one other place I am going to look up in Charlotte. Are 5 year olds aware of clothing styles? Do they have opinions on what is "dorky" and what is "cool"? I am unsure. I always remember wishing I had high heels and stuff when I was a kid but I might have just been dumb.

I am so glad we have a 2 day week this week. I am going to get a massage on Wednesday--woo hoo! David gave me a gift certificate to a spa for Christmas last year and I am now getting around to making the appointment. I told David that I did appreciate the gift but next time just to make the appointment for me so I would go in a timely manner.

Now, I think I am going to go take a bath in my new giant tub, water restrictions be damned!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoa. You are making a LOT of food! I am impressed. I am going to brine our turkey, too! I bought the bags and brine stuff at Williams-Sonoma today. Woo hoo!

MpanimPAAAAAAAAnis!!

Anonymous said...

Kimberly is having to face the grad school music after all this gallivanting I have been doing. Joining Facebook is on the to do list-- unfortunately, it is about #27 right now. I'm adding this to the list of things I am going to do when I am FINALLY done with this stupid semester.

The Christmas Show sure was fun though.

K.

Anonymous said...

Oh, and Mark may be eating with the Malady family since y'all are serving kielbasa and sauerkraut and we are not. Brining the turkey is ambition enough for me.

Kimmie

Kristie said...

I want the peanut butter pie! YUM!

Jon said...

Dude, that sucks that we are going to miss that menu. We miss you guys. Welcome to facebook, I use myspace more but I think the book is aimed towards adults more, I guess I should grow it up.
Have fun!