Random Maggie news and other stuff
Maggie can count to ten! She skips five and eight periodically but essentially has it down. Also, her teacher at school told us to cut her fingernails because she scratched her face up horribly today. They also asked that she not wear these little plastic elastic hair ties because she apparently put one around her wrist and cut off the circulation to her hand, making it turn purple. They think a kid in her class ate the other one. But, I did not put any elastics in her hair like that this morning so I'm not sure where she got them from. Weird.
This morning on my way to work, I drove right into a big traffic jam and when I finally got up to what was causing it, I discovered it was what looked like a fox! Alive. It was wandering in and out of traffic and it walked right under this lady's SUV and then walked off the road. It kept walking around the cars and meandering all over the place. SO weird. I told my first block students about it and they said it was a coyote but I don't think so. We do not live in Oklahoma or something. Plus, there are tons of houses in the area where I was driving. It seemed small for what I think a coyote would look like but it was very fox-like. Except it was gray. Well, I just Googled it and I don't know what it was. The pictures of the coyote are more similar to what I saw. A random animal and I am glad I was safe in my car.
I must share the deals that I found at the Pottery Barn Outlet on Sunday. We got there shortly after it opened and after poking through all the PB kids stuff, I headed over to the grown up section where I discovered these bins of all kinds of stuff an extra 70% off. I think I may have looked like a crazed consumer because I was digging through those bins and throwing stuff on the floor and not letting anyone get near the bins. I found a set of bumper pads for the next baby that we adopt (don't get excited, I don't know when that will be) for $11! And I found a pretty light green quilt for Maggie's big girl bed for $20! All this monogrammed stuff was in the bins. I guess items had been returned that they couldn't resell. I was hurling things right and left looking for names I recognized. Then I found a red velvet stocking with Maggie's name embroidered on it for ONE DOLLAR. Yes, you heard me right. Then I felt like a good shopper. I should have picked out the next baby's name based on the merchandise in those bins.
The other night I had made some cream cheese pound cakes that I took over to David's mom's for dessert. David's mom got out some Cool Whip to put on top and when Maggie saw the container, she got a light in her eyes. When ReRe scooped out a spoonful for her, Maggie promptly drooled all over the front of her shirt. Awesome. I have done well cultivating the sweet tooth. How can anyone not like sugar? I certainly do.
I think that is quite enough boring information for all of you and I don't have any pictures so with that, see ya later!
5 comments:
wow, I want to go shopping with you though I will stay out of arm's length! What deals you find. And such a smart baby, but we knew that already. How is the potty training coming along?
I understand about the hair things ~ a black headband that I know I never bought appeared in Kylie's diaper bag last week. I tried to give it to all the people we saw, but no one claimed it as theirs. Weird...
Audrey also likes to put the elastic hair tie thingies on her wrists also, she'll take them out of her hair and look like Bozo the clown.
First and foremost, don't ever go a week without blogging again. You're killing me. ;)
Second, saying things like this:
I should have picked out the next baby's name based on the merchandise in those bins.
make me actually laugh out loud and wonder if we are some sort of sisters separated at birth. :D
Yay!! A new post!!
Kimmie
Post a Comment