Thank you, Emma and Brooke
So, Maggie and I were hanging out yesterday morning while David went out and ran about a hundred miles in the freezing cold. We had the fire burning (turned on) and were happily ensconced in an episode of "90210" on SOAPnet. A good morning was in the works. I had some laundry going so I stepped into the laundry room to move some clothes around and when I stepped back out, Maggie was busy.
Let me step back a couple of pages. We have received a couple of boxes of gifts this week from faraway friends and since we decorated our Christmas tree, um, today, I stacked the presents on the hearth for later. Maggie has been ultra interested in presents lately and everytime she sees David's birthday presents in the kitchen, she says, "Presents! Maggie presents?" She is always somewhat crestfallen when I tell her again, "No, those are Daddy's presents." Anyway. She has poked around the hearth presents a few times but I have told her that they are for Christmas and we have to wait.
What she was busy doing yesterday morning, was opening one of those presents. Naughty!
Louie had a watchful eye on her but failed to stop the present opening. He had been reduced to a pile of mush due to the fire.
Unfortunately for Maggie, the present she had selected to open was actually for David and me.
So, thank you, Brooke, Jeff and Emma. The Snow Village piece is beautiful and is already on the streets of our town. And by the way, the name of the piece Maggie opened? Can I Open One Now?
1 comment:
oh so cute! another reminder of how well our girls would get along! :)
Post a Comment