Ahh..nap time
David and Maggie are snoozing away in our bed and I have taken 2 Excedrin Migraine pills plus had 2 cups of coffee and a can of Diet Coke today so I am not sleepy in the least. Caffeine, you are my friend. David and Maggie are also listening to some horrible station on the XM radio through our satellite. Herb Alpert was one of the performers I heard, if that tells you anything. So, in my child and husband-free time, I have taken it upon myself to list a TON of stuff on eBay. Oh, how I love eBay. It's almost addictive, in a way. Email me if you want my seller name and I'll link you to my auctions. There's some scrapbooking stuff on there, if you're interested. Also, some baby stuff, some shoes and other weird items.
There's something I've been wanting to admit so I'll go ahead and say it. We eat dinner in front of the TV. Each night, after dinner is ready, Maggie goes to her booster seat and says, "Den? Den?" Heh. So, we carry her chair in and settle into our respective spots. We watched "90210" last week. I have told David that we can't watch "Lost" or "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" while Maggie is up, so I'm not sure what we're going to watchnext . Or why skanky high school antics are okay for Maggie to watch but not murderous island dwellers or bloodsuckers. Today at lunch, David put "The Little Mermaid" in. I LOVE that movie. I still remember all the lyrics to "Part of Your World" and "Under the Sea." Because that was my favorite movie in um, 9th grade. I got it for my 15th birthday. Along with the soundtrack. I think I have discussed this previously. Anyway. Maggie was quite interested which was a little surprising to me as she is not typically very interested in TV at all. When they showed King Triton, who has a long white beard and a gold crown, Maggie said, "Santa! Ho Ho HO!" David and I about died laughing and I tried to tell her who he was but she was not believing me. Then she said, "No, NO, Santa. Time out!" BAHAHAHA. It was hilarious.
Earlier today, we were up in our bedroom, which really, could be used for a ballroom. David was messing around on iTunes and Maggie and I had some fun dancing to the different songs he was playing. Maggie and I like "Red Dragon Tattoo" by Fountains of Wayne a lot. Then her head hit my tooth and I didn't feel much like dancing anymore.
I think that is all for now and I hear some rustling upstairs. We're going to Walmart when they get up. Yay. Don't tell Stacy and Clinton but we're ALL wearing sweatpants.
5 comments:
Oh, yay! You posted just as I wandered over to your site to distract from the fact that I am in the office on a Saturday. I wish I were there so we could watch some 90210 together and then maybe go to Target in our sweatpants.
Also, I feel like I should get a right of first refusal on all baby stuff before you put it on Ebay! I will even give you some coin for it.
Sweatpants + WalMart = Munrow???
In middle school, I remember ruining The Little Mermaid for my friend Dhara... oh what changing a few choice lyrics can do!
oh you are such a nerd, allison! i've still never seen The Little Mermaid and to think what I was out doing at 15 while you were singing show tunes at home... i'll shut up now. ROFL!!
i love love love the What Not to Wear reference. Why can't we be a 2-for-1 on that show?!?! I've seen it done so its not impossible. :)
Email me your ebay id -- tell me if you don't have my email addy. :D
We eat dinner in front of the TV too. It's just easier. I tell myself that we'll switch to the table when the kids are older.
Post a Comment