My turn!
Maggie's favorite phrase is "my turn!" whether it's referring to putting her coat or socks on herself, or brushing her teeth herself or getting in the carseat herself. Sometimes I like to rile her up and say, "No, MY turn!" but generally, I let her have her way. Today on the way home from daycare, I heard "March, April, May, July, August," coming from the backseat. Crazy! How does she know the sort of months of the year? I have been working on January with her as that is the most important month since that's when my birthday is (last Thursday, if you want to know).
I know the summer months, woo hoo!
Earlier this week, or perhaps it was last week, Emily at www.andthentherewereseven.blogspot.com gave me the Blogging with a Purpose award and I really was very flattered to receive it. Here's what she had to say, which really is very, very nice:
"We have also had the pleasure of meeting this family and AnnaClaire and Maggie are just adorable together. I love Maggie's mommy's posts because she isn't afraid to be truthful. Little Maggie is too cute and her Mom is so sweet, too. They are also returning to China for a mei mei for Maggie, which is so exciting."
Y'all, I swear to goodness, I do not know how to put links in my posts. It is so frustrating! We have a Mac so the little link icon is not up there by the add pictures button and the spell checker. So, anyway, I'm supposed to pass the award on to some other bloggers so I think I would like to give it to Marissa at One Tantrum Away from a Breakdown, first of all. I "met" Marissa on the AOL cloth diapering boards a LONG time ago, back when my plan was to use cloth diapers. I think you can tell from some of my pictures that I am not a very good steward of the Earth because Maggie wears disposables. But, anyway. Marissa is a very, very kind and thoughtful person and I always enjoy hearing from her. Her blog is www.treehuggermama.blogspot.com. Also, she has the cutest daughter, E, who has the most amazing collection of hairbows I've EVER seen.
Another person I would like to give the award to is Kristi at Fireworks and Fireflies. Her daughter is a Lianjiang sister of Maggie's and we actually live rather close to one another but have never met. I so enjoy reading her updates on Kylie and seeing the similarities between her and Maggie. Plus, I am super impressed with how healthily Kylie eats as Maggie has become kind of picky as of late. And I am very jealous of how late she sleeps.
The final person I would like to give the award to is my bestest friend at Lawyerish. She is awesome and I wish she and her husband would hurry up and get their referral for their daughter from Vietnam! Her posts usually make me laugh, oftentimes make me think and almost always make me miss her.
Maggie is currently upstairs crying and calling for me. I've already been up there once and I can tell she's absolutely exhausted so I think I'll let her go for a bit. I hate it when she does this. I've decided that instead of letting my blog posts pile up and up, I am going to try to take a few pictures a day and post a little bit every day or two. Then I can keep up with things I want to remember and also not feel bad when I don't post day after day.
2 comments:
Oh you made me cry.
I'd like to accept this award and thank all the little people, especially MY little people: B, J, W & lil Miss E.
Allison, I've loved your blog and wish you'd update it more often (clearing throat on that one). I remember waiting with you while you waited for Maggie, that daughter you love & wanted so much. I rejoiced with you when you got "the call" and patiently counted down the days until you could bring her home. I'll never forget the China stories about how stankin' hot it was yet Maggie's caretaker insisted on bundling her up like it was arctic outside. I still crack up at those thoughts (as someone who despises the heat so very, very much herself).
Thanks for your award. I'll take it and display it on my mantle proudly. And I'm sure your site meter is about to go through the roof as I refer all my girlfriends to come see my award blog. hahaha... :D Thanks!
{{{smooches}}}
Oh, yay!! What a great way to start the day, with an award and a little tribute that got me all misty-eyed.
Now it's MY turn to figure out to whom I should pass it on...
Post a Comment