Slimed
So a couple of weeks ago, Maggie and I were being slugs while David was off running an ungodly number of miles. I decided that I would be a good mom for a change and Maggie and I would do some fingerpainting! She received some washable (that will be important later) fingerpaints and a pad of paper for Christmas. So, I covered the kitchen table with newspaper, set out a piece of white paper and we prepared to paint masterpieces! After squeezing the tubes of paint, I discovered that the ends were sealed with foil. Maggie waited patiently while I broke some fingernails trying to get the super-glued on foil off. I screwed the lids back on the paint and squeezed and squeezed the paint but nothing came out! Finally, a few dribbles of red dropped onto the paper but it was not enough paint for me. I mustered up my strength and crushed the green tube in my vise like grip. Suddenly, green paint shot out of the tube and hit me in the face. Luckily, I had on my glasses. My hair was also not spared the injustice of the paint. Additionally, paint sprayed all over our white (textured) kitchen wall. Maggie's response? "OOOOOOH!" I knew she was thinking, "You're going to get in trouble!" Evidence on Flickr. The paint did come off the wall and some masterpieces were created although blue, red, green and yellow paint combine to make a lovely shade of black.
I am cutting myself off from buying clothes for Maggie again. It's getting out of hand. Gymboree has this deal where you receive coupons for $25 off a $50 purchase when you buy during the "earning" period. I had one and then AnnaClaire's mom emailed me and generously offered me another Gymbuck because she wasn't going to use it. I accepted, of course, and we went to the mall yesterday. Maggie now has an Easter dress, Easter sweater, Easter tights and Easter hairbows. She also has 2 more shirts and some more hairbows. NO MORE SHOPPING for me.
In other news, our plans to adopt a sister for Maggie from China is not going to happen. We simply do not meet the net worth requirement set by China under their new rules. We had a rough couple of days after finding that out. I always thought that we would be going back to China. I mean, when we were in China with Maggie, I KNEW we would be back. But, now, it looks like we won't be going back for another baby. We are currently looking into Taiwan and Korea but to be honest, I just feel tired. I don't know what our next step is going to be. Blah.
4 comments:
Allison, I am totally bummed for you! Maybe one day the general public will see the light and demand that teachers get paid what they deserve...
Maggie just keeps getting cuter all the time!
I hear you on not buying any more clothes for your kid. I too am on a hiatus from doing that.
I'm so sorry that you're not going to be able to adopt from China again. That is a tough blow. And I wish you all the luck in the world on choosing another country when you're ready.
Allison,
I'm so sorry about your adoption news. I just want to shake someone and say, "H E L L O, take a look at Maggie. She is thriving, beautiful, and smart. Has net worth prevented any of that from happening? I don't think so~ because she's got some pretty awesome parents!"
Sounds like a productive day at Gymboree! Can't wait to see Maggie in all her finery!
Oh, and AnnaClaire has finger paints, too. I just haven't braved taking them out yet. Sounds to me like a good "sister" activity!
Pam
{{{hugs}}} on the adoption news. I'm going to keep praying on it. I'm positive something good will come of this -- two steps forward, one step back but you are just going to keep putting one foot in front of the other when you're ready.
I hear ya on that shopping tidbit... eek.
Post a Comment