Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Well...

Maggie just broke my heart by wailing, "Dadddddy! My Daddddyyyyy!" while I was lubing her up after her bath. Ah well. One day she'll love me.

I don't have a whole lot to share. Maggie got about a metric ton of candy at her class Valentine's party last week. I forgot to put the bag up that evening so when she came downstairs the next morning, she did not want a cereal bar for breakfast. She wanted CANDY. And a lot of it.
We went through her Valentine's bag together and this chocolate thing on a stick was the first item she pulled out. She immediately ripped the paper off and stuck it in her mouth.

It's a chocolate sucker! Yum!

Sweet chocolate. You are my one true love. Well, besides my daddy.


We went to Myrtle Beach last weekend so David could run the marathon.
Upon arrival, Maggie had to feed her bunny. She was most distraught when we realized that we had left her baby at home.

On Friday night, we had to go to this big resort so David could check in and get his number and chip. They have a big Runners Expo where vendors sell all kinds of running clothes and shoes and gross power bars and stuff like that. After I had a moment where I thought Maggie had been kidnapped, we went shopping. I had been carrying Maggie and put her down for a minute to get myself together and then she disappeared. I about had a heart attack and it was like in the movies where the main character is turning in circles in slow motion looking for their missing child. Then I saw Maggie with David's dad so whew! All was well. While we were walking around, there was another couple with their Chinese daughter and we were kind of looking at each other. Maggie waved at the little girl (who was really more of a baby) and the baby waved at her so we went over to talk for a minute. The mom said they had been home since January 25--whoa! I would not have been up to running a marathon 3 weeks after we came home from China. Who am I kidding, we've been home for 17 months and I'm not up to running a marathon. I asked the mom what province their daughter was from and she said that Hannah was from Guangdong province. I told her that Maggie was too and then we asked what SWI and she said, "Lianjiang." No WAY! That's where Maggie is from! Isn't that crazy? The baby still had the buzz clippers orphanage hair do but she was a cutie and was 14 months old.

Here's what we did while David was running and running. Yummy pancakes!

Yay, David! 4:47!


I had some big time fun last Saturday after the marathon because Barb and I went shopping at the outlets for Maggie's spring/summer wardrobe! I had gone through her handmedowns and discovered that she had exactly 3 shirts for this summer and about that many pairs of shorts. Woo HOOOOOO. I was majorly excited but now I am back on the no clothes buying wagon. Those were really necessities, I think. Maggie got several pairs of shorts, a bunch of t shirts, some dresses and I found Stride Rite tennis shoes for $10 a pair at the outlet store. I got her some white maryjane style ones and then she picked orange/pink/sparkly silver ones. Heh. Carter's was kind of disappointing but I found a ton of stuff at the OshKosh store. Very fun. The only thing I still have to get is a 2 piece bathing suit. Now, I am being kind of picky about the kind of 2 piece I want for her because I don't want some skanky string bikini. But, I do not relish the thought of peeling a suctioned on wet bathing suit off of a toddler who needs to use the potty. I bought her the cutest blue and white striped halter neck suit with boy leg bottoms. She cried when I put it on her. SIGH. I took it back. I'll see what I can find elsewhere.

Thank goodness we brought 2 computers. Maggie was astounded at David's time in the race.


So, that is all for now. Maggie has been paying us nightly visits because the train whistle wakes her up at 4:15 every single night and she gets scared. I tried telling her that it was just saying hello but I don't think she believed me. She did allow us to put the fan (aka noise masking sound) back in her room so hopefully she won't wake up tonight. Don't forget to watch the eclipse tonight! I'm going to try to stay up but as I was asleep before 9 last night I don't know if I can make it.

3 comments:

Kristi said...

Maggie and chocolate ~ what a sweet combination. Smart girl!
I'm feeling your pain on the nightly waking up thing. After months of Kylie sleeping through the night she's awakened EVERY night at least once for the past two weeks. We're really tired around here! Hope the fan works for you guys!

Cindy M said...

What is it with the train whistles? Caroline is afraid of them, too, and this girl isn't afraid of much! It mystifies me, as I have heard of other LJ girls with the same reaction! Love the candy pics...got your email...will write back tomorrow!

Marissa said...

Great update - GO DAVID!! That's killer awesome!

I think its amazingly neat that you get to connect with other Chinese-American babies with Maggie - what cool connections you'll make throughout the years.

We're on the clothes bandwagon right now too...maybe its the eclipse making me do things I shouldn't. shhhhh. :D