Tuesday, February 12, 2008

General randomness

Well, first of all, I have recovered from the not flu but maybe a virus that I had. I stayed home from work yesterday and spent a delightful day doing nothing. I think the best part of the day was when I got back in bed, all warm under the covers and finished my book. I haven't done that in a LONG time. When I got to work this morning (after oversleeping almost 45 minutes!), I hit the ground running. I taught all 3 of my classes at about 90 miles per hour today. We had a LOT to cover and most of it required excessive talking by me. Not always a bad thing. I feel more prepared for tomorrow but I did bring home my "turn in work here" basket that is stuffed to the gills. I thought I might go through it and see what needed to be done. Nah. It's still on my front seat. I did take the time to complete Maggie's Valentines tonight for her class party though. I signed her up to bring plates, cups and napkins (nappits in Maggie pronunciation) for the party. I had to go to the Teeter tonight to buy them and the selection was slim, let me tell you. Guess the overachiever daycare moms got there first. I managed to scrounge up some plates and napkins but the kids will have to put up with plain red cups. Also, Pull-Ups? Are EXPENSIVE. Maggie doesn't usually wear them except for at night because I do not feel like fooling around with getting her up in the night to go to the bathroom yet, to be honest, but we have about 2 diapers left so I had to get something for her to use.

Today the daycare called me at 1:45 to let me know that Maggie had been crying when she went to the potty and said that it hurt. I got that message at 4:15 when I checked my voice mail on my cell phone. I'll let you know when the Mom of the Year crown arrives. Anyway, I was kind of trying to ask her about it after school without bringing it up because , for example, if you ask,"Is_____ scary?" she always says that it is. So, I didn't want to ask, "Did it hurt when you peepeed at school?" because I KNEW she would say, "YES" and look super pitiful and then I wouldn't know anything. So I asked her if she got hurt at school and if anything hurt and she said no but then I asked if she got hurt when she went to the potty and she said that she did. I thought I was getting somewhere. So I asked what hurt when she went to the potty and she said her feet hurt. Okay. That was the end of that conversation.

She also came home wearing a very interesting outfit today. She had on gray yoga pants and a pink onesie, unsnapped and hanging open. I forgot that was still in her spare clothes bag. She has been having some accidents at school, usually during naptime, so she comes home wearing rather odd combos. For example, this. She added the black patent leather shoes when she got home.

I like to read these kind of trashy (okay, they are) British romances and the heroine inevitably "scrapes her hair back in a ponytail" at some point. I believe Maggie's hair is scraped back in a ponytail. In my defense, she did not go to school that way and asked for a ponytail when she got home and apparently, I cannot do hair.

Some other attractive shots for you:

Maggie and I are representin' David's schools here. Look at her hand! I look like an utter idiot, but oh well. It wouldn't be the first time.
These are the kinds of things that we do while David cooks dinner.


I think that is all for now. Last night I about made Louie sleep in the oven as everytime I woke up, he was staring at me and purring LOUDLY. That dumb cat. He is so annoying. But I love him anyway. And finally, look at this picture I found on the big computer! Look at that salad! We ate lunch at Rockefeller Plaza when we were in NYC in 2005 and I took a picture of my lunch. Mainly because it cost about 30 bucks but YUM. I wish I had that right now.

5 comments:

Welshie said...

DAVID cooks dinner. Well, you are one lucky lady methinks. Tell me how you have managed to swing that one? I never could!

Anonymous said...

You and Maggie are so gangsta. And that salad looks SO GOOD.

B.E.C.K. said...

Your daughter is always adorable -- and that salad looks delicious!

Anonymous said...

The photos definitely have that "automotive specialist" quality. Bwahahahaha!

Kimmie

Anonymous said...

Oh, we've all had the "virus that's not the flu", too. Not fun, and it sure lasts awhile! Glad you're on the mend!

Pam