Pointless doctor visit #2
I woke up yesterday morning with an absolutely splitting headache and every inch of my body aching. I limped downstairs and made coffee (I wasn't THAT sick) and settled into the recliner for the majority of the day. Maggie and I took a good nap together and then I napped from 6-9:30 last night. I got up and ate a granola bar and watched the end of "Sixteen Candles" and went back to bed. I did not sleep well at all last night as I was alternately freezing and burning up and the bed felt like it was made of cement and I kept knocking my pillows out of the bed and I had crazy weird dreams all night long. When I got up this morning and felt pretty much the same as I had the previous day. I made the executive decision that I was going to the urgent care to see a doctor. David and Maggie drove me over there and we entered a (probably) germ filled waiting room crammed with people in various stages of sweatpants. I waited around forever and finally got called back. The doctor did a flu test on me which involves sticking a q tip through your nose practically up to your brain. The doctor was skeptical that I had gotten a flu shot, which I did. The flu test came back negative so they decided to draw some blood which took forever, as my veins do not like to cooperate ever. It took 2 nurses to get a vein to come up and finally they got the blood work done only to decide that maybe I had a virus that might be like the flu. According to the doctor, it seems like I have the flu but the flu test was negative. SIGH. After that diagnosis, the doctor told me to stay home from work tomorrow, rest, take Motrin, drink fluids and eat chicken soup. Wow. Glad I spent 2 hours and who knows how much $$ this morning on THAT. Maggie and I took another nap today and I mostly sat around. Oh yeah, David did take me to Bojangles' to get BoBerry biscuits after the doctor. I have a good husband.
Blogger has added some different buttons to my publishing toolbar so we'll see how they work. We have not made any progress forward on adopting again. I feel extremely unmotivated to do anything.
This is Maggie's favorite activity in our bathroom. There are many fun things to play with in my drawers.
The Hideous Barbie
Something was hilarious.
3 comments:
Who does Maggie's hair these days.
Get better
Mom
A toddler smiling WHILE her hair is wet ~ I'm so jealous! Maggie is so adorable. Hopefully her cuteness will get you feeling better soon...
GET WELL SOON!!! That does NOT sound fun. The answer to the flu is to NOT get the flu shot - why can't anyone listen?! LOL ;)
Speaking of your comment on my blog about otoscopes -- I remember Maggie's ears well. For whatever reason, I remembered that she has 'sand', not 'wax'. How do I remember this crazy stuff that has nothing to do with me yet if you asked me what I had to eat yesterday I couldn't remember?!
Post a Comment