Where, oh where?
Well, I will just tell you now that I don't have any new pictures to put on here except for a whole bunch of pictures of crap that I sold on Ebay. SPEAKING OF Ebay, I have this bag of socks that I don't wear anymore. At one time, I had this rather severe sock obsession and I had socks for just about every holiday under the sun plus other random (ugly) ones. David thinks I should just throw them away but that seems kind of wasteful to me. I don't know if Goodwill would want used (but clean!) socks. So, I figured I would check on Ebay and see if stuff like that sold. Well, apparently it does. To people with FOOT FETISHES. There are all these crazy listings for "used" and "well worn" socks with about 10 pictures on each listing of feet with the offered socks on them. Feet at every angle possible. I about croaked on the spot when I saw that. I'm not too proud to be putting some pictures of my feet up on the internet but it is kind of weird, just the same. I'm not sure if my socks are used enough to be titillating but they are festive, I will have you know.
The title of my post is referring to the fact that my sweet baby daughter has left the building and a small demon with the ability to turn her head completely around has entered. Maggie has gone off the deep end the past few days. Okay, so I went to Virginia Beach this weekend with Kimberly and Maggie spent all day Saturday throwing up (in the car, no less. Glad I missed that one). She refused to eat most of the weekend and then when I got home Sunday night, woke up screaming at 1 in the morning. She slept with us that night. She ate almost nothing on Monday and slept with us again. Last night, I had had enough. Lately she has been taking forEVER to eat dinner (like an hour). David and I could probably eat dinner in 5 minutes if we had to. One of the perks of being a teacher is learning to eat super fast. So we have slowed it down for our small girl who likes to take her time with her food. Well, most of that time she is looking around and talking and NOT eating. So last night, we instituted the 30 minute rule. She had 30 minutes to eat dinner. I put everything she got to eat on her plate including her fruit which is usually her dessert. After 30 minutes, her plate would come off the table and go in the refrigerator. If she got hungry later, that was what she got to eat. So, we sat down to eat and she ate about 3 bites of potatoes au gratin (which were yummy and also, from a box) and 1 bite of roast and 3 cherries. That was it. Then she wanted a Hershey's Kiss and I told her no because she didn't eat her dinner. Then the screaming started like you would not believe. I got her out of her booster and sat her on the floor and she sat there and SCREAMED with her eyes shut for about 15 minutes. David and I had to try not to laugh everytime she breathed in and peeked at us to see if we were watching her. It was really rather humorous. So she screamed and screamed and we cleaned up the kitchen and had a nice conversation. Then she came and hugged David's leg and she was done fussing. Very weird. She woke up at 10 last night hollering and I finally got it out of her that she was afraid of the fan in her bedroom. Into the bonus room it went. Then she told me she was afraid of one of the toy bags in her room. Just one of them. The other one is not threatening. Into the bonus room it went as well. I have no clue what is going on with her. She was all listless and pitiful this morning (perhaps she was tired as she woke up at 3 crying AGAIN). Her teacher said she laid around all day and fell down several times at school--random. She went to the doctor this afternoon and the PA said there wasn't really anything wrong with her--ears have a little fluid, throat a little red, nose a little runny. SIGH. She gave me an amoxicillan prescription but said I didn't have to fill it right away--wth? She said to give Maggie Dimetapp for her runny nose, etc. Argh. I hate this mess where you know something's not quite right but the doctor says it's nothing. Also, Maggie weighs almost 25 pounds now. I KNEW she had gotten heavier!
We celebrated Lunar New Year tonight in that we ate Chinese food for dinner. Except for Maggie who ate orange jello with mandarin oranges in it. Maggie screamed for a while during dinner again tonight. Miss Hardhead doesn't know who she's up against because I can be WAY more stubborn than she can. In other news, Maggie has worn big girl undies for the past 2 days all day long! She had one accident at school yesterday and oh yeah, she peed on the couch this morning but we'll chalk that one up to being listless, how about. I found some little drawers at Target. I had to get Disney Princesses (blech) because Elmo was sold out. Maggie thinks she is hot stuff with her big girl undies. I kind of think she is too.
Lest you think I am being disparaging about my daughter, she really is acting very much NOT like herself. She is usually sweet and funny and lately, she is neither. Hopefully, this is a stage. I wish she would eat but I guess she will when she's hungry.
I guess that's all for now. I'll work on some pictures tomorrow. This weekend when I went scrapbooking, I did 27 pages! WOO! I got up to Maggie's first bath with us in China. Kimberly has this thing called a Cricut which you can Google and OMG, I love it. I may steal it. If you scrapbook, save your money and buy one because they are AWESOME. Okay, now I'm done for real.
2 comments:
Now I don't feel like I am missing out on much being 800 miles away. That being said, I still miss you guys, miss Maggie.
Some kids just eat slow, mine do. I let them because letting them eat later creates a weird routine so unless she's playing with her food I would let her take her time
Post a Comment