Outrage!
Y'all, mah preshus babee got sent to TIME OUT today at daycare! Apparently a kid hit her so she pushed him and they both got put in time out. I was scandalized. Not really. David said what she was really concerned with was whether or not she was going to get a treat when they got home. As I told Meredith today, Maggie is a sugar fiend. Her eyes absolutely GLOW when she sees dessert or a sweet of any kind.
Also, in other general parent dumb-ness information, Maggie has been saying what sounds like the word "pocketty" for the past couple of months. We didn't know what that meant but assumed it meant that pants that had pockets were good. Every time she would wear cargo pants or something, we would ask her if they were pocketty because we're cool like that. We understand every word that our toddler says. Then tonight Maggie and I were rooting around in a clothing bin of too big hand me downs and she saw a shirt in it with a rhinestone snowflake on it. (okay, I bought that. It wasn't a hand me down. I love bling. I admit it.) Anyway, when she saw it, she said, "Pocketty!" and suddenly, I understood. "Sparkly? Is that what you're saying?" I asked. Pocketty, indeed.
This picture kills me. We were playing mummy. Or maybe sleeping.
2 comments:
So the kid, who won the fight? Did she get her treat?
Finally catching up on your last few posts...Maggie girl is just too cute. I love the two friends hugging at the park, and I laughed out loud at that "cheese" picture! What a smile!
Glad Maggie is sticking up for herself at school. Caroline nearly punched out another baby last year (right after coming home) after he tried to take her blanket. She gave him the fierce "Hey, kid...I've been a place or two...I can take you out if necessary" look. I was so proud. Actually, I'm very thankful she behaves, for the most part, at school. So far...
Post a Comment