Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Dismissed, part 2


If you go here, you can read about the first time I was royally dismissed by my daughter.  Tonight, I was rocking her and singing along with her um, Christmas CD.  I don't know all the words to "The Holly and the Ivy" so I sing the same 4 lines over and over.  After a bit, she said, "Bed."  So I put her in bed and sang a little of "Away in a Manger" while I was kissing her good night.  She whispered something and I put my ear right up to her mouth so I could hear her.  "I think you should go now," was what she was saying.  Heartbroken again!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't mean to make light of your heartbreak, but I'm sitting here laughing my head off!!! The girl doesn't pull her punches!

Anonymous said...

What do you think she will be saying to you in about 10 years? She is priceless!

Anonymous said...

Maybe she would prefer some more seasonably appropriate tunes for bedtime. What's with the Christmas music?
Leslie

Anonymous said...

Maggie has become the master of one-liners. She should take her comedy act on the road!

LESS THAN ONE MONTH til you're here!! WOO!

Marissa said...

Girl, you were DISSED!!
That was hilarious just the same but dangggggg. ;)