Thursday, May 08, 2008

Silliness in the extreme

Surprise, I had another not so great day at work today which culminated in me having a major battle with the Risograph machine.  I was ultimately triumphant but I did not escape without some war wounds of the black ink completely covering my hands variety.  I am going to have to remove my manicured nail polish later because the ink has seeped around my fingernails and looks nice.  In light of my cruddy day, I met David and Maggie at Five Guys for dinner where Maggie grooved to Paul McCartney and Janet Jackson like you would not believe.  It was so funny.  I was also racing her back to the table from the bathroom and she completely bit it in front of the cash register.  Whoops.  Bad mommy gets another point.  Then we went to Bruster's where they were SOLD OUT of Birthday Cake ice cream.  Sigh.  Cake Batter is a good substitute though.  Maggie had a dino sundae which made a large mess but she ate the entire green dinosaur cookie.  Then David had to run a couple of errands so Maggie and I came on home.  She rode her bike for a little bit and I was overjoyed to find out that her feet finally touch the pedals!  Well, almost.  She could probably use about another 1/2 an inch.  Then we headed to the backyard so Maggie could "suh-lide" for a while.  On her dollar suh-lide from a yard sale. But we decided to have some fun with the screen door instead.

"Now, what am I supposed to be doing?"

"Like this?   I kind of can't breathe, Mom."


"Mouth breathing better."

"Eh?  What's that you say?"


Neanderthal girl says, "ARRRRR!"

"Girl. That outfit does NOT match."

Must stretch the face muscles back where they belong.

4 comments:

Kristi said...

The joys of a warm spring evening and screen doors in NC ~ the south doesn't get much better than that...

Oh, and I HATE risograph machines!

Cindy M said...

Now those are some hilarious photos of Miss Maggie! I just love her little personality...reminds me a lot of another little LJ girl I know!

Cindy M said...

Now those are some hilarious photos of Miss Maggie! I just love her little personality...reminds me a lot of another little LJ girl I know!

Marissa said...

THOSE ARE THE BEST PICS YET OF MISS MAGGIE!!!!! ROFL, dying over here!!!!! :)
- Marissa