In which my greatest fear is confirmed
Y'all, Maggie has taken an unfortunate detour into The Tacky. I don't know what perpetuated it, other than she is two and female. I don't wear particularly flashy jewelry. In fact, I wear only my engagement ring, wedding band, college ring, watch and silver hoop earrings almost every day. I don't wear particularly flashy clothing. (David actually made fun of me today for owning so many black and white shirts.) So she's certainly not getting The Tacky from me. Last weekend, we went to Walmart at the ungodly hour of 9 am on a Saturday morning for no reason other than we were up and David thought we might avoid all the shoppers who push their buggies around with their eyes closed and smash into your heels and such. We walked through the toy section as we made our leisurely way around the store and David decided that Maggie needed a little something. David thought a book would be a good "little something" but then I saw the My Little Pony aisle. Frothy pink and glittery manes awaited us. Plus, they were on sale for $3.88. We rolled over there and let Maggie check them out. She finally selected "Toola Roola" who is pink with a rainbow mane and tail, shot through with silver strands of uh, plastic. She has glitter on her face and on her hindquarters accented with what I thought was a makeup brush but when I read Toola Roola's bio on the back of her package, I discovered that she was into arts and crafts so I think it's a paint brush. Toola Roola also came with a hot pink beret. A BERET for a horse. Maggie was quite pleased with her first My Little Pony and was content to let us browse Walmart's aisles for a long time. Then we came home and she got buried under a pile of plastic toys and I didn't see poor Toola Roola until yesterday morning, when I sat on the couch and brushed her mane and tail with Maggie's comb while I watched "90210." She's definitely not getting The Tacky from me.
1 comment:
I'll take the picture of Maggie's haircut and see what Patti thinks!
Cute.
Mom
Post a Comment