Thursday, June 05, 2008

A fashion show of sorts and other random junk

First of all, ReRe does not have diverticulitis.  She wanted me to let you all know.  She also thanks you for all the prayers.  (me too)


The first part of our fashion show does not include any pictures because it's about me and my new bathing suit.   There will be no pictures of me in a bathing suit.  I decided to get a new suit this year because I have stuffed myself into a rather small-ish tankini for the LAST time.  After a rather nightmarish episode in a JCPenney dressing room involving a very small bathing suit bottom and a visible butt crack, I moved on to the mail order suit.  I have had success with Lands' End suits in the past so I went with a couple from there.  The first one I picked came with a skirt, which I liked, but was designed for someone with an upside down triangle body shape.  Meaning their upper body is larger than their waist and hips.  That is not me.  AT ALL.  I took it out of the package, saw that it had underwire in the top, and put it back in the package.  Bye bye, cute pink suit.  The second suit was also a tankini.  When I pulled the bottoms out of the bag, I commented to myself that they looked enormous.  Then I tried them on and they fit and I felt a bit deflated.  Perhaps I have not been working hard enough at Weight Watchers.  But anyway, the bottoms fit and they have little ties on the sides so I can make them super high cut (Brazilian, perhaps?) or I can make them grandma bottoms (more my speed).  The top is not a halter neck, which I have decided that I loathe and it's comfortable and it fits.  So, yay for me.  New bathing suit!  I just tried to find  a picture of my new bathing suit, but I can't.  I did find a TON of blogs relating to being a fat mom so I guess that sums up my swimsuit.  Also, I found a picture of my other (old) bathing suit on a blog called mormonchic.com.  HAHA.  Guess it's modest.

Now for fashion show with pictures--because they're all of Maggie.

This picture is from when Maggie insisted that she wear her red shoes with her pastel flowered dress.


Then we have Maggie before the Senior Banquet that we attended last Friday.  David was the honored guest speaker.  Maggie looks super slick here.  Also, I got that necklace and bracelet  in a secret pal swap WAY before we got our referral.  Maggie looooves them.



And finally, today was Water Play day at the daycare so Maggie got to wear her bathing suit, which I could not find on mormonchic.com.

She is holding her Mulan Pez dispenser that I bought her at the Cracker Barrel last weekend.  That might be the best present ever.  Mulan has to sit on the ledge above the kitchen sink because I think Maggie would eat every bit of candy out of it, if she had the chance.

I am giving a baby shower for my friend Meredith in July with my mom.  We're doing it at my mom's house in my Georgia hometown, which is also Meredith's hometown.  She would say it was some town in Illinois but trust me, LaGrange is her hometown.  Anyway, Meredith lives in Manhattan now and is all citified so I decided we would do her shower up SUPER Southern.  She will have a corsage to wear and we will have little tea sandwiches (but not pimiento cheese, which I know is Southern, but I think it's gross), and these yummy little cheesecakes but I can't think of anything else Southern to do!  Mint juleps sound yucky to me.  So, do any of you have any suggestions for an old skool Southern baby shower?  Give me ideas, please!

Y'all have a good weekend!  Last day of school tomorrow--wooooo!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

little ham biscuits... anything southern has little ham biscuits.......how about spiked pink lemonade?

Anonymous said...

Cheese straws.

Also, I think I could find all of my wardrobe on mormonchic.com. Sad, but true.

L

Jon said...

confederate flag baby blankets?

Kristi said...

Maggie's expression in the photo of the red shoes is priceless!
And I feel your pain on the Pez ~ Kylie ate an entire box of Tic-Tac's yesterday in under 5 minutes. Stupid me figured that in that amount of time she'd just have a few ~ guess the crunching sounds should have given me a clue...

Anonymous said...

ORANGE BLOSSOMS. We have to have those! I think of those as quintessentially Southern. I like the ham biscuit idea, too. Yum.

(Am I allowed to make suggestions for my own shower?)

And for the record, I always tell people that my hometown/where I am from is LaGrange. "Some Illinois town" is where I was BORN. I don't front!

Anonymous said...

You need to have tea (doesn't everyone in the south have it pumped through an IV?)

I do hate tea sandwiches especially cucumber sandwiches, super yucky.

Fruit Tray and veggie tray (sans split peas, cauliflower and brocholli what a waste). You need to also have fruit dip (one jar marshmellow fluff and one 8 ounce box of softened cream cheese). Mix those two ingredients together and die it whatever coloryour heart desires. People will rave and rave and rave about your fruit dip and you can sit back, smile and enjoy the compliments.

You are aware that sheet cakes are out but cupcakes are in too right?

Anonymous said...

Oh you need to have those sausage/cheese/bisquick thing-ee.

Also, Maggie in the red shoes...OH SO CUTE. Love the pose.

Anonymous said...

If it weren't for Maggie's "fashion show" we would never know that David was the honored guest speaker at the Senior Banquet.......... that's our guy!

I hate Google/Blogger!!!!!!! It let me make that first comment, and now it has decided it doesn't know who I am! This happens to me repeatedly.... that's why I am now anonymous!!

Barb