They worked
We had a great day! The chaperones all showed up, the kids were well-behaved and all in all, I would call the trip a complete success. I am so glad and SO tired! Some interesting bits from the day:
- A kid threw up as soon as we got off the bus at Carowinds. She went home shortly thereafter.
- Only 2 kids wandered away from their chaperone and were found rather quickly.
- The kids were told that they had to follow school dress code at the park so no spaghetti straps, short shorts etc and there were several kids who took t shirts off as soon as they got to the park and wore tank tops all day. We watched them try to hide from us every time we saw them around the park. Heh.
- I walked around with the other teacher who planned the trip with me and the assistant principal and we rode every roller coaster at the park. My throat hurts from screaming.
- My lunch, which was a bacon cheeseburger, fries and diet Coke, cost $15. It pained me to pay that much. I had an ice cream cone later on that cost $5.
- When I got home, I had salt on my face because I had sweated so much. The high today was 92 and I think the humidity was about 100%. I felt like I was in China.
David's mom is fine. She has a kidney infection and diverticulitis, which sounds really bad, but I don't think it is. We went down to the hospital to see her last night and Maggie charmed all the ER nurses, got her heart listened to (she didn't want to wear the stethoscope) and came home with a bag full of prizes. ReRe got sent home last night and David and Maggie went to take her dinner tonight.
Thank you for your prayers. They definitely worked. Everything was great. And I only have 2 more days of school! Woo hoo!
2 comments:
YAY! I thought of you yesterday and hoped it'd all work out.
Having a 7th grader myself I can related to those stupid airbrushed trucker hats (my sons has a PLAYBOY BUNNY on it!!!!) and agree with you 110% as to their eww factor.
Glad you made it through & that ReRe is on the mend. :)
Ah yes, the sweet side of middle schoolers that gives you the crazy idea that this isn't so bad after all, I think I'll stay in another year...
Glad your day went well and that Maggie's grandma is getting better!
Post a Comment