Thursday, August 21, 2008

Crazy Week at Daycare!

Maggie's school has had theme weeks all summer and the kids would do certain activities or bring in items relating to that theme and this last theme week of the summer was Crazy Week.  The kids had to do something rather hilarious every day.  I think David and I were the only parents who read and paid attention to the calendar because Maggie participated FULLY each day.

Monday was backwards day.  I thought a skort would look more obviously backwards than shorts.  Also, Maggie found this necklace in the pile of junk from my old desk and has appropriated it.
Is she coming?  Or going?

Tuesday was Crazy Hair Day.    The crazy hair apparently only lasted until lunchtime for all the kids.  Maggie's favorite part was the teeny ponytail at the bottom.  Excuse the waffle that I think is in her mouth in this picture.
See my ponytail?

Ahhh, Tacky Day.  David said it did not look like any of the other kids dressed tacky except for Maggie.  That, my friends, is why I don't do tacky day at my school anymore!  I've been the only one who dressed up on my hall many a time and that's not embarrassing, right?  Also, one time I got a million (non-sarcastic) compliments on my outfit and HELLO, I was wearing black and tan houndstooth pants and a red striped shirt.  WHAT?  That does not match!  Anyway.  Maggie was thrilled to be wearing 1 red sparkly mary jane and didn't care that she had on plaid pants and a black sock.

Today was pajama day but I forgot to take pictures of that so here's a picture of Maggie in her pajamas sitting on top of the fridge.  David hates it when I do this.  He also doesn't like it when I let her walk on the ledge around the steps upstairs.  I'm holding her hands!  Sheesh.


Tomorrow is my last workday before school starts on Monday.  Boo hoo.  I think school will be okay this year.  I met almost all of my students today at open house and they seemed nice--friendly--shy--the usual.  Only a few dead fish handshakes.

Today,  one of my co-workers bought one of those hooks that you hang on the wall with that sticky stuff that's supposed to come right off. But she hung the sticky part on upside down and the little tab to pull the sticky stuff off ripped off. I did not have a paint scraper in my classroom (what a surprise) so she borrowed a power stripper from the guy next door which blew hot air on it so it MELTED the plastic.  Finally he gave her what looked like a butcher knife and she popped it off. I thought I was going to bust a GUT laughing.  We're having some good times around my school.

7 comments:

Marissa said...

i LOVE the fun themed days at preschool!!!

you put her on top of the fridge?! I LOVE IT!! i might have to put Evie on top of ours tomorrow. :)

as for the Carters shirt that M & E both own, (which I love for how cute it is & hate as its too too big, grrr), I bought a pair of peach leggings that go with it. I'm actually going to the Carters outlet tomorrow - want me to look and see if they still have 'em?

Anonymous said...

Oh, you crack me up! I actually laughed out loud at the end of your post!

And no matter how tacky, backwards, or wild her hair looks, Maggie is one CUTE little girl!

AC and I had lunch at Chick Fil A today (shocking, huh?) and she asked for ranch dressing "like with Maggie." We missed you guys. Boo hoo! And no "stalker" hostess hung out at our table today! It was quite lonely.

Pam

Jon said...

What are you guys up to on Saturday or Sunday? I work but would love to see you guys! She is getting so big.... cuter by the minute.

JB

Anonymous said...

LOVE the hair! It looks great with the "pockety" shirt!

Anonymous said...

How fun!! I remember Pig Tail day (i think it was called that--I have some funny pics from it) when we were in school. I always enjoyed those days. Miss Maggie is too cute!!!

Marissa said...

I'm on it ma'am. Any legitimate excuse for me to be shopping ... :)

Patricia said...

I am loving the Maggie's piggy tails!! Adorable!
Patricia