Nothin' much
I don't have much to report but I thought I'd update with some pictures and general news. First of all, you MUST go over to my friend Kimberly's blog and congratulate her on her beautiful daughter, Anna Kathryn! Kimberly and Mark have been waiting for so long for their referral and it finally came as a complete surprise! I am soooo happy for them and cannot WAIT until Anna Kathryn is home so she and Maggie can play.
Let's see, what else. Maggie moved up to the combination 2/3 year old class at daycare. Today was her first day in that class. She was supposed to dress like a pirate. Hmm. I fixed her up with a babushka and dressed her in a red and white striped shirt but that was all I could think of. We don't have any eye patches or parrots sitting around here. Or gold doubloons!
Maggie looks more like a biker chick here than a pirate.
I think Maggie's first day went okay. Her teachers said it did but she started crying when I picked her up this afternoon and said, "I don't feel good!" They said she hadn't mentioned that all day. She also wanted me to carry her to the car and said, "I not like it!" SIGH. Way to make me feel guilty. I bet she will be fine in a couple of days though. Her new teachers seem very nice and some of the kids from her other class are in there.
Maggie and David had some big fun tonight and made a giant mess in the den while I mopped the kitchen. Kimberly and I have discussed my cleaning habits in the past. She always sets aside a day and cleans all day long. I tend to clean at random times. For example, I'll notice that our bathroom counter is dirty, so I'll clean the bathroom before I go to bed. I noticed that the kitchen floor looked kinda gross tonight so I mopped it after dinner. My cleaning is done on an as needed basis.
On Wednesday, Maggie and I are going to meet AnnaClaire and her mom at the pool and have some fun! Then we will all go to lunch. I think it's going to be really fun. If you remember, last time we went to the pool, Maggie did not have such a good time but I think she'll like it a little more with someone her age there instead of boring old mom. Maggie asks about "AnnaCwaire" all the time and really, AC is just about the sweetest thing EVER so I look forward to seeing both her and her mom!
I don't know of anything else that's going on around here. We're just laying low and trying to stay cool in these last couple of weeks before school starts up again. I haven't decided if I'm ready to go back to work yet or not. Right now, I'm thinking NO.
1 comment:
Thanks for the shout-out, man!!
I think maybe I need to move over to your way of cleaning. Your house always seems way cleaner than ours. (!)
Post a Comment