Yes, I realize that this is late but I think I have come to the realization that I hate blogging. I like the idea of it and I am super glad that I have all these memories written down, but MAN, I hate sitting down to write. First of all, my big news is that I have shingles!!! WOO HOO! I had these painful spots on my arm and back and after a moderately uncomfortable weekend, I decided that I needed to go to the doctor. She told me that I did indeed have shingles and I needed to get on some medication immediately. You ought to see these horse pills that I have to take. Also, thank goodness for insurance because if we didn't have any, the meds would have cost $235. Yikes. I have dosed up on some Advil and my Valtrex and I feel pretty good right now.
Maggie was sick for 2 days last week. She got sent home from daycare on Tuesday with a fever and I stayed home with her on Wednesday. She ran a fever all day so I decided to keep her home on Thursday as well. She wasn't really that sick on Thursday but oh well. We lived it up during our days off. Well, we didn't too much on Wednesday. I took Maggie for a long ride in the wagon and she rallied and wanted to help pull it for a while. When we got home, she fell asleep on the floor in the den. Guess she wasn't as well as she thought she was. Since Wednesday was her real birthday, I put her in her Birthday Girl shirt and for an extra special treat, some too small lounging pants! Classy!

We even watched TV during her birthday dinner. Maggie likes to watch "the O." That would be 90210. Yes, we are raising our daughter right.

Our family's version of "Happy Birthday" sounds kind of pitiful when only 2 people are singing. Maggie didn't seem to mind and even sang along!
Maggie got this Polly Pocket set from us that was 50% off at Target. After she opened it, I knew why it was 50% off. No sane adult would buy that set for their child. It has about a zillion teeny TINY pieces, most of which ended up all over the place. Oh well. We didn't have much for Maggie to open on her birthday since she opened most everything at her party on Saturday. However,
Meredith's parents had sent Maggie a package from Gymboree so we opened that on her birthday as well. They sent her a pink shirt with a tulle ruffle around the bottom and rhinestone stars on it, pink and purple striped leggings and some hair clips with big pink and clear stars on them. WOW, did Maggie love her new outfit! Well, I'll let the pictures tell the story.

Ooh, what's this in here?

Pop its! These need to be put in my hair now.

Card, yes, yes...to Maggie, uh huh, Happy Birthday, yeah, yeah

Ooh, I see sparkles! And stripes!

There's a SILVER bow on these pants, Mommy!

I need to put this outfit on. Can't...get...dress...off...

Ahh, here we go.

There appears to be tulle on this shirt, Mommy. I LOVE tulle.

This is my FAVORITE outfit! It's so pocketty!
I love it. Thank you, Mrs. Terri and Mr. Jim!
6 comments:
feel better quickly..company on its way and lots of celebration shopping to be done! I am so glad she loves the pocketty outfit..from the length and all, she can wear it for a LONG time!
Yikes! Shingles can really hurt! I'm glad you got the medicine so soon; the quicker, the better.
SHingles?!? Yikes. I believe that is an occupational hazard. Every teacher I know seem to get it.
I hope Maggie had a wonderful birthday. Love the photo montage.
:)
New clothes are cute. Maggie will love all the frills and extras.
Looks like a recycled birthday cake or at least leftovers of one!
Mom
that outfit is adorable!
so sorry to hear you have shingles. my sister gets it a lot. I heard they have a vaccine for it now. hope you both feel better soon!!
I found your blog throguh Meredith's blog. I hope you feel better soon. Your little girl is soooooooo cute. It's kinda freaky she looks like an age progression shot of my little girl who is 16 months old. It is uncanny. Shoot me an email (jmvarn@gmail.com) and I'll send you an invite to my blog so you can see for yourself.
Post a Comment