Monday, October 20, 2008

Irritation level: high

I got a speeding ticket on my way home from work today.  UGH.  I was so mad.  I think the cop was in front of me (in an unmarked car), pulled over and let me pass him and then pulled me over.  He had to turn on his siren because I guess he thought I didn't see him flashing his lights at me.  The only reason I didn't pull over immediately was because I was on a rather narrow country road and there was nowhere to get off of the road.  The cop asked me the last time I got a speeding ticket and I couldn't remember so he recommended I go to court and see if they'll knock my charges down.  Gag.  I despise getting pulled over for speeding.


Anyway, Maggie and I have continued our weekly ritual of meeting Kimberly and now, Anna Kathryn, for coffee.  It's fun to have a baby along for the ride again.  I told Kimberly that I wished that the 3 years ago us could have seen us last week in Target.  We had this bus of a cart that had this seat thing attached to a full size buggy.  AK was in the buggy and Maggie was in the seat.  Maggie wanted to get out and then she sneezed and was having a problem, shall we say.  I was rooting around for a kleenex in my purse and AK dropped her rattle in the buggy and was turned around in her seat trying to get to it and Kimberly was trying to get her turned around.  It was kind of a zoo but hilarious.


I love LOVE Anna Kathryn's little crinkle in her forehead.  She is really good at looking at you like you might be a little foolish.  Or maybe she just looks that way at me.

I was turned around in the car(not while I was driving--no wonder I got a ticket, huh?) singing to Maggie last week and she said, "You got a big nose."  I might have to concur.

And for a limited engagement, here are the hideous bull riding photos.

Woo HOO!

Maggie is asking me to get her off the purple dinosaur that the crazy lady's riding.

This might be the grossest picture IN THE WORLD.
The face is melting, much like candle wax.

I think I was saying here, "Man, I feel dumb."
Also, I have on the worst mom outfit ever.  I feel sick.

Enjoy.

8 comments:

Terriwc said...

You and Maggie match in your dinosaur riding outfits. Yep, these could be good bribe pictures someday ; Deep breathing may be required for the ticket scenario.

Marissa said...

that sucks about the ticket. do the court thing, what could it hurt?

those pics ROCK.

Kristi said...

Tickets stink ~ coffee dates with friends rock!
Nice dino rodeo by the way!
Kristi

Anonymous said...

you and maggie are dressed alike! haha thanks for posting those. :)

that stinks about the ticket. too bad you couldn't break out some tears for him...maybe he would have let ya go. haha

Anonymous said...

AM DYING. The pictures. AHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

Kimberly said...

I think it would maybe be more hilarious if our college selves could comment on these photos and our poor parenting decisions in Target. Heh.

Kimmie

Anonymous said...

That's why we need to be in the same city. Next to my gargantuan shnozzola, Maggie will think that yours is tiny!

Heather said...

I can totally see y'all in Target. They have the LONGEST carts ever. I am pretty sure they were designed for the enjoyment of those in the security room.

Your pictures are awesome.

:)