Catching up
Well, first of all, I have decided to do the National Blog Posting Month thing like I did last November so I guess I should catch up on my blogging now so I can thrill you with the scintillating details of my ultra-exciting life. There may even been some more installments of "My Fourth Grade Diary" and "The World's Most Embarrassing Moment, part 2," which I never wrote about last year (and was reminded of on multiple occasions and by multiple people). I think I'm going to have to do this post in 3 installments because, 1. I don't feel like writing that much and 2. I have to make up a quiz.
So, two weeks ago, Meredith and Joe came down for a visit and man, oh, man, did we have a good time! Maggie was super excited to see "her Joe" again, although she did play it shy for a bit at first.
Anyway. Meredith and I ditched the boys and Maggie on Saturday for a day of shopping and fun! We went and got pedicures first (the last of the season--sad!) and then headed for the mall. I helped Meredith select many, MANY things to buy at Baby Gap and then we hit Gymboree, which might be my holy grail. We both scored a few things there and continued pretty much in that vein until we were worn out. Barney was making an appearance at the mall that day and you would not BELIEVE the line to see him. It was worse than any Santa Claus line I've ever seen. Speaking of Santa, I wonder if Maggie will visit him this year. Last year was a major no way. Even now, when you ask her what Santa says, she says, "BWA HA HA!" I promise we have not been telling her that Santa is some kind of evil minion. That night, I was simply exhausted from all that shopping and we ordered out Chinese. Joe was appalled that we had to drive to go pick it up. Then after Maggie went to bed, we played Balderdash. That is a quality game.
The next day was really nice, so we took Maggie to the park. Again, Joe was concerned with the amount of time we had to spend in the car to get to the park and thought maybe we were actually driving to Central Park. No, we just live in a little town and have to go to the big city to get to the good playgrounds. Anyway, it was way hotter than I thought it was going to be and we started melting in the sun rather quickly. Also, there are some pictures of Meredith and me on this dinosaur rocking horse thing that are HIDEOUS. We thought it would be funny to pretend it was a mechanical bull. I look like my face is melting into my neck. The lack of chin is alarming. We stopped to eat lunch and all the others wanted salad (bleh) so Maggie and I went to Five Guys and got bad for you fried food. Then we hit Target, which is always a good thing. I said that Target was my favorite place to be and Meredith said her favorite place to be is anywhere Joe is. Sorry, David. My love of Target remains.
When we got home, I was the Best Hostess in the Land because I went upstairs to get Maggie settled for her nap, and took a THREE hour nap myself. Nice, huh? My mom would be super proud. I made Cincinnati chili to make up for it, which was very yummy, and Meredith and I made a pumpkin pound cake with buttermilk icing. Guess when the last of it got thrown out? Yes, this morning. It was moldy. And it stunk. It was quite tasty, pre-mold, though.
I don't remember what we did that night. It seemed that baseball was on incessantly the entire weekend. Baseball. Ugh. I hate it. Football was also on for a large portion of both days as well.
As always, our visits with Meredith and Joe are too short and are always so much fun. The next time we'll see them will be at Christmas. They will be in LG this year--yippee! Then, we are going to NYC for New Year's to celebrate Joe and David's Old Dude 40th birthdays. The other day, I asked Maggie if she missed Joe and she said, "I LOVE him." We miss both of you and can't wait to see you again!
3 comments:
none of the "bull riding" pics seem to have made the cut! Joe and Miss Maggie seem to have a great relationship. I can hardly wait to see everyone here for Christmas. We will need to plan on a big joint family night! Looking forward to seeeing you blog every day for a month! Ha.
Well, now I think you HAVE to post the "mechanical bull" photos. Oh, the hilarity.
We miss you guys SO much! I think Joe would say his favorite place is anywhere Maggie is. :)
We have to play Balderdash during the Old Dudes festivities, for sure.
Sounds like a good time!! I think you do need to post the Bull pic though. ;)
Post a Comment