Tuesday, November 04, 2008

GOSH

I'm tired of blogging already.  I just spent a long time reading old blog posts and I think I might have been way funnier 2 years ago.  Oh well!  Too bad for you, my loyal readers.  We had a teacher workday today because of Election Day which was awesome.  I looooove teacher workdays.  I wish we had them everyday.  David took Maggie to school so I could vote.  I was all prepared with my book and my coffee mug and then I only had to wait about 15 minutes!  We had a mock election at school on Monday and the kids were asking me about the last election.  I was trying to explain the whole "hanging chad" debacle, which I hardly remember and the kids wanted to know why everyone didn't vote electronically because any other way was stupid.  I laughed to myself when I had to bubble in my vote at our polling place this morning.  We are low-tech out here in the country.  I will also admit that I was totally dorky and teared up as I walked into the polls this morning.


I had a very productive day except for I seem to have lost an entire class's set of answer sheets for a test they took on Monday.  Guess what that class is doing tomorrow?  They're going to be REAL happy when they find out.  Two other language arts teachers and I sat down and planned through the rest of 2008.  I also took up some of the meeting time by having a freak out fit about writers' workshop and my absolute hatred of teaching writing.  I despise teaching writing.  If we could just read all day, I'd be perfectly happy.  Then I went back upstairs and tore my room apart a little more looking for those dang tests.

On Friday, I had to call this kid's parents because he yelled at me during class and I was like, "Oh, no you DIDN'T!" which was kind of awesome but anyway.  The parents were super nice and not thrilled with their son.  I got a very nice and rather hilarious apology letter yesterday which will definitely be going into my "Why I am a Teacher" file.  He said he would like to do something for me to apologize.  I may let him hang stuff on the walls because I enjoy that about as much as I enjoy teaching writing.  He also signed the letter "Love."  HAHA.

Three other teachers and I went to Chili's for lunch which was good but interminable.  Good GRACIOUS, the service was slow and I was exploding by the time we finished eating because I was so full.  Then I looked for the tests a little longer unsuccessfully, made up a quiz, looked at websites and then I went home!

I think Maggie's teachers at daycare might also be Girl Scout leaders because the songs she comes home singing are ALL songs that I remember from GS.  She is currently sitting next to me on the couch with a pink glittery wand and her baby doll, reading Taste of Home magazine and singing "Little Bunny Foo Foo."  She also sings the Johnny Appleseed blessing.    David is attempting to get it on video so perhaps I will have that to share with you later.  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

And I expect to learn in the future that you will take over for your mother and me and be the next generation of Girl Scout leaders! And then you can send her to camp ;-)

Anonymous said...

Yes, our little scout girls leading their own daughters. Going camping and to Chattanooga, etc. The little ones will love horseback camp!
Mom

Anonymous said...

Oh, no, not Little Bunny Foo Foo!! AAAAAGH!

Also, you are just as hilarious as ever to me.