Saturday, November 15, 2008

My Secret Shame

Hi, Joe!

I miss you!

Again, I'm stealing this from another blog because I an running out of ideas.  If you have any flashes of brilliance as to what I should write about for the rest of the month, PLEASE help me out!

This summer I went to a couponing class to learn how to get the most out of my shopping trips by using coupons.  I will say that I bought into it COMPLETELY.  I compare the sales circulars with my coupon stash (which is organized in baseball card sleeves in a binder).  One of the pieces of advice the women gave us at the coupon class was that you couldn't be brand loyal.  I'm not too picky about brands.  I mean, there are things that I like that are a certain brand but I'll eat the store brand too.  Along with the not being brand loyal, you end up clipping coupons for a bunch of stuff that you might not buy otherwise.  But if you can get it for free, why wouldn't you buy it?  I know.  Kind of silly.  We are having a food drive at school this month, so I have been able to donate some of my items there.  Anyway, my secret shame is the humongous amount of food that we have in the pantry.  I have taken pictures of all of it to share with you.  I also took a picture of my product closet which I filled after I hit super double coupon days at Kmart, where they would double coupons up to $2, meaning you could feasibly get $4 off the price of something.    My friend Glenna has a fully stocked kitchen like this too and she has decided to use everything up in her stockpiles and see how long they can go.  We might do that too.  That might be kind of fun.  We could eat canned soup for about a month.

Canned foods.  A lot of them.  Also, we have a lot of chips.  I don't usually eat those.

I had a helper.  I wish she had moved over a bit so you could see the cereal.  You can see the ton of pasta down there on the floor though.

This is, baking stuff, I guess.  Lots of oil.  

There's my helper again.  Those multi grain English muffins are the BOMB.  They have about 9 grams of fiber in them.  Microwave an egg for a minute, toast the English muffin, put the egg on the muffin with a piece of cheese and EASY breakfast!  Also, very yummy.

Freezer.  Lots of frozen veggies and Cool Whip, for some reason.  That must be for Thanksgiving.  As soon as Maggie goes to bed, I'm cracking into that Edy's ice cream.

The reason we have so many 2 liter sodas is because I bought them for a baby shower.

Lots o' toothpaste.  And my mom's brush that she left here the last time they came up.

My product stash.  This isn't all of it.  I didn't take pictures of the razors, cleaning products or the baby product, like shampoo and soap.

I'll let you know how the using up of the stuff goes.  Remember, help me out!  Give me some ideas for posts, please!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Would that be a styrofoam egg on your english muffin?

Talk aboout our gardening or scrapbooking skills

Mom

Anonymous said...

I love to figure out how long I can go without adding too many groceries, except the perishables. It gives me great satisfaction, even if it means a lot of breakfasts for dinner, wich I love! Got any Camp Pine Valley stories? The trials of Girls' Junior HIgh? Why you wanted to become a teacher? Lots of ideas here.

Anonymous said...

should have proofed first...sorry

Anonymous said...

Would you consider a list of your favorite products? I was reading a magazine at the gym today( I know, you read correctly, I was at the gym and reading on the treadmill) that listed the best lip gloss, soap, shampoo, lotion, perfume, foundation, etc. that ranked the favorite among the readers. What are your beauty items that you have found that are worth the money? What food recipes have you found that are worth the time to make/bake? What did you think would have been worth the effort that turned out to be disappointing? What is your favorite winter comfort food for your family? What is your favorite meal that you prepare? What is your favorite meal to eat out?
Just wondering... and obviously hungry,
Juli

Jon said...

1.What do you do during your commute? 2.Ask Maggie for a word of the day... have her define it and use it in a sentence... it should be fun. 3.Boldly predict what David's Monday Schedule will be on Sunday night (without help), then have him recount his Monday that night, post the results Tuesday. 4.Next Saturday when you go shopping or whatever the heck you do, try to find the worst outfit/shoes/car/item for sale/ that you can find, or save that one for black friday. 5.Use your camera and try to find celebrity look a likes. 6.Cast the movie of your life, who plays who, why, then the next day add a soundtrack song for every 3-5 year segment. Hope these ideas help.

Anonymous said...

YAY!! You do it too! Thanks for being brave enough to post your stash as well!! :) I didn't take pics of my non-edible stash. I totally forgot our extra freezer though, so I guess I'll be adding more embarrassing pics. haha

I love that skippy natural PB that I see in your cabinet. I can't eat Jif anymore (but tony does).

Anonymous said...

Surely there are more embarrassing stories you could tell about us. Maybe the quick mud, the slate pencil incident, the ski trip (THE ETTE), the "panther/vampire" in the garage, and scaring ourselves at Aberdeen. I've covered some of them on my blog (a LONG time ago) but I love reading the way you remember it, and I'm sure the stories would be brand new to most of your readers!!

Anonymous said...

Love the photos!! The complaint department will zip it for a while (but not too long...).

Anonymous said...

The panther/vampire in the garage? What??? Now THAT needs some explanation.

Anonymous said...

I'd love to see pictures of your house...or your neighborhood...or your school. Or maybe even some pics of your favorite places in your town.
Just trying to help! ;)