Thursday, December 11, 2008

Backache


So, I was being all copy cat and looking on our iTunes for song titles to use in the title of my post. Jonniker does that, in case that wasn't crystal clear.  Anyway, I was going to use a song with rain in the title since it rained like the world was going to flood today.  iTunes suggested "C'mon and Ride it (The Train)" and no, I will not explain why that particular song is on our iTunes library.  Okay, yeah, I will.  I downloaded it for a CD that I made for my friends for our 10 year college reunion.   We were in this dance performance our senior year in college to that song.  Yes, we were.  Man, I wish I could download that video because 1. it is hilarious and 2. if you wanted a textbook picture of what depressed looked like, all you would have to do is zoom in on me.  That was a really long explanation about nothing, huh?


So, it rained and RAINED today.  I had to get annoyed because my students act like utter morons if the weather changes even slightly during the school day.  "It's raining!  I see the wind blowing!  Do you think school will be cancelled?  I think it should.  School is so stupid.  We never get to miss any days."  That conversation was about RAIN.  Do you see the lunacy?  I was trying to watch "A Christmas Carol" and kids kept exclaiming about the doggone rain and rushing over to the window like the school might be about to float away.  Aggravating.  Also, I had to stand up at one point and I had an ice pack on my back (explanation shortly) and it fell on the floor and SHEESH.  Old lady sitting in her teacher chair with an ice pack on her back.

I have done something to my back.  I woke up Monday morning and it felt all strained and weird.  I figured I had just slept wrong on it or something.  It continued to hurt all day and I didn't feel very good.  It hurt some more on Tuesday and I thankfully forgot my clothes for yoga so I went home instead.  Then yesterday, I thought, "Maybe I have a kidney infection!  Yes, that's it!"  After some consultation with Dr. Google, I was convinced that was my problem.  Some people at school started scaring me with their mentions of blood infections and renal failure so I called the doctor who could only see me at 9:15 this morning.  I didn't particularly want to miss school today, although I should have what with the biblical rains, so I decided to go to urgent care after work yesterday.  I coughed up the 50 buck co-pay to find out that the doctor didn't know what it was.  Urinalysis came back negative and I walked out of the office with a prescription for a muscle relaxer.  I took one last night and holy crap.  That thing knocked me on my tail.  I did have a very restful night's sleep though.  Then today, I decided perhaps I had endometriosis or pelvic inflammatory disease.  Hey, I have some of the symptoms.  I got scared again and my co-workers kept telling me to go back to the doctor. Ugh. I think it's a pulled muscle.  It has to be.  Anyway, David instructed me to ice my back and to be honest, that's what's helped the most.  So, that's why I had an ice pack stuffed under my shirt today during class.  Good times all around.  My body needs to stop aging.  It's making me unhappy.  I guess I could blame my back troubles on my throwing Maggie up in the air.  Or stepping on a block in the middle of the night and almost breaking my neck.

Maybe I should have just called this post "Baby Got Back."

8 comments:

Kimberly said...

LOLOLOL.

Funny, the dances that go along with both of the songs you mention involve a lovely little move called The Butt. 'Course that's hard to do with a bad back... maybe it's not so bad getting old. I still can't believe that we are captured doing that on video!

Anonymous said...

alright, now you have to find that video!And a bag of frozen peas work very well for strained backs and the best is Biofreeze. I know, I have tried them all.

Anonymous said...

I watched the episode of Friends today where they all turn 30...maybe you should yell at God about aging like Joey did. Hope your back feels better soon...I heard you wore a Thermacare heat wrap - love those things! Have a good weekend!
Reagan

Anonymous said...

By the way - it rained so much here today that I went in my scary basement to check things out - there's QUITE a bit of water down there, I just turned and walked away. Thankfully I think it's supposed to clear up tomorrow!
RC

Kristi said...

Sorry about your back!
By the way, I can so relate with your frustration over the rain thing. My 6th grade classroom backed up to train tracks and you'd think that 11 year olds would have seen a train before...
By the way, I tagged you for some Christmas info. I'd love to see your answers!

Anonymous said...

I'm all for cancelling school on rainy days. I do not see any lunacy in that at all.
L

Jon said...

"Rain Drops Keep Falling On My Head"
"Rain" (Madonna)
"She's My Kind Of Rain"
"November Rain"
"The Rain (Supa Dupa Fly)"
"No Rain"
"Somewhere Over The Rainbow"

Wow, that is more than I thought I would have on my iTunes.

Anonymous said...

hope your back is feeling better now.