Thursday, December 04, 2008

Insomnia

Yes, it is 3:58 in the morning and I am up.  I can't sleep.  I woke up to go to the bathroom and blow my nose (sure you wanted to know that) and then my mind just started clicking and now I can't go back to sleep.  UGH.  I hate waking up like this in the night.  I lay there and lay there and think, my alarm's going off in 1 1/2 hours, my alarm's going off in an hour, etc.  Louie is also sitting by my recliner, purring extremely loudly, because he thinks I'm going to feed him right now.  Wrong.


Tonight when I was putting Maggie to bed, I had a new book for us to read.  She always likes to look at each page on her own and flip through the book and then she will usually let me read it to her.  It was already way past her usual bedtime so I was trying to hurry her along.  I asked her if I could just read it and she gave me her usual answer, "One second."  I was getting kind of impatient with her and asked again if I could just read her the story.  Her response was, "Just chill."  HAHA.  I busted out laughing.  

Also, she has picked up "DUH" from somewhere.  Okay, probably me, but I really cannot stand it when she says that.  It makes me think of Michelle from "Full House."  I have told her a few times that I don't like it when she says that and it's not nice.  Then tonight David said something to me and my response was, "duh."  Maggie promptly put me in my place, told me not to say that and it wasn't nice.  Hee.

Finally, as I mentioned before, we are reading "A Christmas Carol" and the kids will be dressing in Victorian era type clothing for a party on the last day of school before break.  Most of the kids are excited about it but there are a few that are making my blood pressure go up.  A couple of girls insist that they have no skirts.  Whatever.  I told them they could be boys.  They didn't like that idea.  Sorry.  Then I have no other suggestions.  Then one boy told me he had nothing to wear at all.  Come on, people.  Let's at least attempt some creativity.  I told him we would figure something out.  He said, "I'm not wearing your clothes."  Because that was what I said.  He could wear my clothes.  That made me so mad.  I don't even know why but it did.  The kids moan and complain but then when you try to help them, they don't like any of your ideas. Then don't talk to me about your problems.  Annoying.    

So yay for random updates in the middle of the night.  I guess I'm going to head back upstairs and try to get a little sleep before the alarm goes off at 5:45.  

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess some students react as your own kids do...sometimes.

hope you got more sleep.

mom

Anonymous said...

I wish we could coordinate our insomnia. There are many nights when you could call me for a chat at 3 o'clock in the morning!
Leslie

Anonymous said...

Also, Maggie saying "Just chill." and "duh"= HILARIOUS!

Kristi said...

Kylie has been pulling some of those little sayings on us too. It's funny, the FIRST time...
The last two paragraphs of your update helped me to get over missing teaching 6th grade ~ the downright lack of excitement when you try to plan something out of the ordinary and the "ungodly" hour of 5:45!

Marissa said...

Your students remind me of trying to have a conversation with my son's friends = PAINFUL. My son would be all decked out for you, with no lip involved. He's cool like that. ;)

The new words Maggie comes up with are hilarious!! Evie keeps coming up with new things to make me blush, like standing on a chair in a quiet restaurant yelling, "I GOTTA POOP!"

Cindy M said...

Again, I say, Maggie's personality reminds me so much of Caroline. Just read my last post...

The funniest part is how they instinctively know how to use the stuff they learn in context!

Anonymous said...

When/how does your ackground keep changing? Am I over tired?

Mom