Monday, January 12, 2009

Fashion Challenge Day 3

Whew.  Today's outfit is a doozy.  Someone asked about Maggie's selection process each day.  I'm not sure if she has a process but I usually ask her what she wants to wear and she moseys over to the closet because of course she wants to wear a dress!  I pick her up and she flips through all the summer dresses that 1. are too small and 2. I won't let her wear because it's winter.  Then she looks at all of her winter dresses and picks one.  Then she goes over to her dresser to select leggings or tights. I am going to share where I bought/got these clothes because I have had some questions about that as well.


Presenting....The Wicked Witch of the West!

Yes, that is a Christmas dress.
It's red velvet.
The tights have orange, dark green, pink and purple stripes.

Maggie has stopped calling these her high heels and now calls them her "click shoes" because of the noise they make when she walks.  Hee.

This outfit combo is rather hideous but if you could see her glee when she gets to pick all of the things I won't usually let her wear, it's worth it.

Outfit:  dress from Marshall's
tights from Gymboree (Fall Forest line for Gymbofreaks like me)
shoes from Target

I'll go back and update where the other stuff came from on those posts.

7 comments:

Kristi said...

So up close it is clear that the tights don't match, but from a distance you are almost good!
Guess her teacher at school isn't at a distance though...
I saw on FB that you are under the weather. Hope you are feeling better soon!

Kristi

Anonymous said...

I love seeing her outfits! She has an eclectic, daring sense of style. Matching is so last year.

Anonymous said...

ll, she has a keen eye for colorful creations. I think she would get the thumbs up from any fashion guru. Maybe taking unacceptable, smaller, out of season clothing out of the closet would speed the process. Hope you feel better. Like the new background

Jon said...

no one cares what a little girl wears, that is why it is cute when they wear ball gowns and light up heels. I wish i could get away with that.

Jen said...

What a little fashionist! LOL. She'd look adorable in anything! I love that you're letting her do this...what a great mom ; ).

DawnS said...

What a cutie! That is totally something my Rylee would pick out!

M3 said...

Adorable!! Those tights are rockin'. :-)