Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Snow day!

As I said in my previous post, WINTER BLAST was being forecast for today and it did indeed snow.  On Christmas Eve, when I was a kid, I would wake up a hundred times in the night before it was finally time to get up.  Now that I'm an adult and a teacher, when there is snow forecast, I wake up a  hundred times in the night to check to see if it snowed or not.  True to form, I got up at 1:30 last night and the snow had really just gotten started.  David and I both woke up around 5:30, I think, and turned on the TV to check to see if our school system was closed.  At first, nothing was being said and I was highly disappointed.  I went downstairs to check on the computer and saw that school was closed and went straight back to bed!  We had a nice lounge-y day of watching lots of inauguration coverage and reading and cutting and napping.  I do love a good snow day.


Alright, the pictures we took today are very large and are not downloading.  I'll try over at Flickr.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the pics of her out in the snow. YEA!!! for snow days.
Amanda

Anonymous said...

Love the pics of her out in the snow. YEA!!! for snow days.
Amanda

Kristi said...

Nothing like a good snow day! I did the same thing, even checking out the window at 1:30 myself and I don't even teach anymore...

Anonymous said...

okay, so this was a week ago...waiting for new stuff please ;