
I am not a fan of Maggie's outfit today. At all. Entirely too much red although the shirt and pants do both have snowflakes on them. She wore the click shoes with his ensemble. This was taken post nap, but pre-complete and total destruction of the den. Also, you can see Louie playing dead over there on the hearth.

We all had the day off today, so after a leisurely morning (for Maggie and me--David ran 14 miles), we all got ready and headed to Chili's for lunch. Then we went over to the "puppet store," which is the pet store. It took me an extremely long time to figure that out until Maggie exasperatedly said, "WITH THE FISH!" Then it all became crystal clear. There was a 12 year old, 18 pound cat up for adoption there whose previous owner had to go into a nursing home. I think Louie needs a friend. That cat could sit on him if he was unfriendly. We looked at all the gross rodents and the equally gross birds and then headed over to Target. We found the latest "Ni Hao, Kai-Lan" DVD and sneakily purchased it without Miss Radar Eyes noticing. We also purchased a pair of Fiskars for Maggie. Then we headed home so Maggie (and David) could take a nap. I used that time to finish my book ("Chains" by Laurie Halse Anderson--EXCELLENT), watch some "International House Hunters" and, of course, play on the internet.
When Maggie got up, she immediately wanted to know where her new "kippers" were and began cutting away. Well, first she made David make her some coupons like I did last night. She's a pretty good cutter for a 3 year old, I think. Mr. Early Childhood Art Education (who teaches HIGH SCHOOL) continues to be astounded by her artistic skills but I did not have to take Art for the Child and the like to teach middle school, so I don't know to be amazed by her skillz. Maggie seems to prefer cutting many, many teeny little shreds of paper more than anything else.
I got tired of confetti making so I went and got Maggie's crayons and her coloring books and settled myself with them. Maggie was immediately jealous and wanted to color too. I gave her the generic coloring book and I kept the Sesame Street one.

I think Maggie might be telling us that we need another lamp in the den here. I forgot to mention that before we broke out the Crayolas, I decided that it was happy hour and I needed a glass of wine. There was a new bottle of Riesling in the fridge so I busied myself with the bottle opener and a large wine glass. The wine opener (corkscrew! That's what it's called!) was having some trouble going into the cork so I forced it in, like any good sommelier. When I pulled the cork out, I realized that I had broken the top of the bottle off and sliced possibly my entire hand open. Blood was everywhere! But when I rinsed my hand off in the sink, I discovered that I had merely cut one finger. Sigh. I checked for glass shards in the wine, saw none, and drank a glass. THEN it was time for coloring.

I also checked Maggie's new scissors to see if they were appropriate for hair trimming. They are. Now Maggie's bangs are no longer in her eyes. You can see the TV in the background here because WINTER BLAST 2009 is being forecast for tomorrow. A blizzard is going to hit! We might all be snowed in for months! Make sure you have enough milk and bread!

Here's the aftermath of the confetti making project. Oh dear. Maggie's little Dirt Devil sucked up quite a bit of it. She and I picked up the rest.

This picture is for you, Meredith. Doesn't this look like fun? Also, you can see our barefoot child eating her dinner in the den. Maggie flat out will not keep socks on and I am done battling that with her. If her feet freeze, then they freeze. Also, just because it is 35 degrees outside does not mean that one needs socks.
We may or may not have school tomorrow due to the WINTER BLAST. I, personally, would like a 2 hour delay. Shorter work day but you don't have to make it up. David is ironing clothes like a pessimist but I think I will wear something that does not require ironing tomorrow, if I must work. Well, that is all for now, I guess. I think I'm going to eat a bowl of Edy's Ice Cream Sandwich ice cream with a blob of Cool Whip, watch some "Intervention" and call it a night.
4 comments:
Red and more red, at least she's staying consistent with her color scheme.
Oh, and the sock thing ~ I'm wondering if it's a Lianjiang girl thing? Kylie has her socks off in a minute at home...
I can't believe you cut Maggie's bangs with kiddie Fiskars. Hilarious. Also, I watched about five episodes of HH Int. today. I had to stop because I was dying of envy.
Leslie
I've never heard of that kind of ice cream, but it sure sounds yummy! gotta look for that.
Hey thanks for leaving a comment on our blog! I was so excited to follow your link and find pics from your own fashion challenge because I was dying to see what you ended up with. Too funny! These kiddos sure do get a kick out of being their own stylists, don't they?
Post a Comment