Fashion challenge returns! Day 7
After short break due to the arrival of my parents and some outfit malfunctions, your daily dose of Maggie's clothing choices has returned! Maggie had some help from my mom on Friday and yesterday, she got to lick the beater from my birthday cake and made a giant mess. Anyway.
Maggie selected these pink fleece pants, which are size 24 months, and a red shirt today.
She also had on a paler pink fleece sweatshirt and of course, the click shoes.
My birthday was yesterday and Maggie was super excited about it. I bet she told me happy birthday 50 times. We were also talking about presents at some point and Maggie whispered, "I got you a necklace, Mommy!" HA! My mom is a great cook and made a chocolate mint birthday cake for me. She also fixed pork tenderloin, these potatoes with goat cheese and half and half and I don't know what else and OMG, they were so good, carrots and spinach salad with poppy seed dressing and strawberries. Yummy. Kimberly, Mark and Anna Kathryn came over and we all had a good time. Mark put Maggie on his shoulders and I put AK on mine and we ran around the house. Then we got in trouble for revving the kids up before supper. HEE. I got some clothes, gift cards to iTunes and Starbucks, a Rachael Ray cookbook, a silver necklace and pendant with the Chinese symbol for long life on it, and a Vera Bradley ditty bag (in Night Owl). I also have a promise of something else from David next weekend when we celebrate my bday with his family!
Tonight I was trying to organize my coupon binder and of course, Maggie wanted to help me. I found her kid scissors, which SUCK, and got her some paper and colored pencils. I told her she could make her own coupons and cut them out while I was working on mine. She thought that was a great idea but then she decided that I should make the coupons and then she would cut them out.
As you can see, the items which the coupons
are for became a bit ridiculous.
I was just the writer, though, in my defense.
I am buying Maggie some real kid scissors this week and I'm pitching those plastic pieces of junk. Other than that, it has been a nice weekend. We don't have school tomorrow so we are going to hang out all day, I guess. Fashion Challenge will return everyday this week!
3 comments:
Yep, I'm with you on tossing out the plastic scissors...just make sure you put those real ones high and dry when she's not using them. Guess you probably already thought of that, being a teacher and a mom, but I have so many friends whose kids have had haircut episodes! And I am petrified that Caroline will cut off the little bit of hair she has!! She is absolutely fascinated with scissors, by the way!
Glad you had such a great birthday!! Sounds like it was yummy for sure!!
hugs!
Happy Birthday! You know, there was a time that I thought pink and red were hideous together, but you see more and more of it together in stores these days. I can't wait to see what Maggie picks next!
Oh, and good idea on pitching the plastic scissors! Those things are horrible!
Post a Comment