Sunday, February 22, 2009

Rewind


I never blogged about this after it happened because I was way too tired and going back to work after Christmas but I knew that at some point, I would find the time and energy to do it!  And tonight it is.


David turned 40 in December as did Meredith's husband, Joe.  We decided a LONG time ago (maybe last January) that we would have an Old Dudes birthday bash at their place in New York over New Year's.  So after a long year, December was upon us.  We went to my mom and dad's for Christmas and then the day after we came home from their house, we got on a flight to New York City.

We went down to Rockefeller Center to see the Christmas tree, along with every other tourist in the city that day. It was coooooold. We also went to see the windows at Saks and Lord and Taylor.
At the windows at Saks, I think.

BRRRR!  

We went over and rode the carousel, which played
deafening Edith Piaf tunes, at Bryant Park.

Meredith's friend Kathy came over with her little boy, Adam.  Maggie made sure Adam knew that this was HER Joe.  Adam and Maggie had big fun playing and the best part was when Maggie showed Adam the ballet skirt Meredith had given her. When I asked Adam if he wanted to try it on, his eyes glowed.  He looked soooo cute!

Joe and David amused themselves with the camera.
Who looks scarier?

NOM NOM NOM.  Cashews.  MMM!

On New Year's Eve, I was the only person that did not leave the apartment all day.  I didn't go down to the street once.  It snowed all day and was extremely windy and I decided that I didn't need to experience that.
We had matching Old Dudes Rule t shirts!  
We are also very cool.

We had so much food that night and I ate about a metric ton of baked brie.  If you recall, I didn't have such a good experience with that on Super Bowl Sunday, and New Year's Eve was no different.  We also watched all the schmoes freezing to death down at Times Square.  No thanks.
Maggie had her own shirt!

Maggie was kind of done with New Year's at this point.
We watched the ball drop, kissed at midnight and hit the hay.

And all too quickly, it was time to go home again.

I found this picture on the computer and it totally cracked me up.  Here's how Maggie really feels about doing stuff with Anna Kathryn.

Do I have to ride with her anymore?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hooray! The long-awaited trip recap! I think we DID plan the Old Dudes' bash a full year before it happened. And I'm glad we did!

Kimberly said...

Funny... AK looks a little less than thrilled too!! Maggie DOES have to put up with much, I must admit!! She is a good sport (not that she has much choice)-- and it was so sweet to see them holding hands in their strollers on our walk yesterday. :)

Anonymous said...

That picture with Anna Kathryn is hilarious!!

Cindy M said...

I love your friendship with Meredith! Glad you had such a nice time together! I've always wanted to see Rockefeller Center at Christmas. I will finally see New York City for the first time this summer (except for flying over it), but no Christmas tree...

And I LOVE LOVE LOVE that last picture! You put that one up just for me, didn't you? :-) That is SUCH a Caroline face. Separated at birth, I'm tellin' ya...

Anonymous said...

sounds like a fun time. Love the shirts!

Kathy said...

Aw, Maggie was very generous with Joe and with her toys!